Talk

Advanced search

Travelling to Sorrento

(5 Posts)
peacemakeruk Thu 20-Sep-07 21:45:49

Hi There,
Me and my DH are travelling next week to Sorrento with our 4.5 month old DD. I am in the process of swapping over from her being fully BF to being 50:50 in preparation for my going back to work full-time. Hence I need to be making 2 bottles a day for her once we go away. Can anyone help with what water I use in Italy to make the bottles up and how do we clean them and sterilise them in a hotel. Also, one of the bottles she will have is a lunchtime one, when would I make it up and how would we transport it as we'll be out for most of the day. Any tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Sue

TotalChaos Thu 20-Sep-07 21:55:13

use cooled boiled water and premeasured powder sachets. make up the bottles when you need them, take the cooled boiled water out with you. you can buy sterilsing sachets for the bottles or buy a travel steam steriliser for the bottles. (though strictly speaking you could get away without sterilising).

Sazisi Thu 20-Sep-07 23:20:18

Might be a good idea to get a few of those ready-made cartons of babymilk and a couple of displosable sterile bottles for emergencies!

peacemakeruk Fri 21-Sep-07 15:08:12

but is it ok to use tap water over there?

Thanks

TotalChaos Fri 21-Sep-07 15:36:57

in general yes! I'm only talking about cooled boiled water etc because the guidelines are - tap water fine as a drink after 6 months,tap water fine to make up bottles at 12 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now