Talk

Advanced search

August holiday to Greece

(8 Posts)
Zzzzz321 Mon 11-May-20 11:14:30

Booked an August holiday to Greece with TUI before the virus.
Definitely don’t want to go but unsure whether to cancel & lose my deposit or sit and wait in the hope it will be cancelled & then I’ll get a full refund
The balance is due soon 😩
Any thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
Dieu Mon 11-May-20 12:27:38

I'm in exactly the same boat. Except July, as opposed to August. I have one more payment to make, so might as well pay it, as I won't get a full refund otherwise. And yes, if it does go ahead, what then?! A holiday with social distance restrictions, and then quarantine on the way back. Sounds fun hmm

TheMerryWidow1 Mon 11-May-20 12:59:50

I had hols booked for July x def don’t want to go so not paying further will lose deposit. We were worried Tui might not cancel and so we would b forced to go or lose 5k in money.

Zzzzz321 Fri 15-May-20 18:47:14

Sounds like TUI are planning for some some holidays, including to Greece, to go ahead this summer... I really don’t know what to do for the best! Don’t want to go on a restricted, socially distanced holiday where I’ll have to have 2 weeks in quarantine only return!!

OP’s posts: |
Dieu Sat 16-May-20 13:17:38

@Zzzzz321

Exactly!

Lala241280 Sat 16-May-20 16:37:15

Cancel and you will loose your deposit pay the balance and if it gets cancelled you receive a credit note or a refund

Hopethiswilldo Sat 16-May-20 17:39:19

I've booked one to Greece in August too but not a package. I'm going to lose the whole amount paid I think 😢

BackInTime Sun 17-May-20 21:07:44

Sounds like Greek government want to get tourism up and running but I guess it also depends on what quarantine and travel restrictions are in place here. My big concern is travel insurance, will we be covered for any disruption due to this virus should a secondary wave occur? Would we be covered if we caught it an got ill and stranded abroad? Who wants to risk being ill or on lockdown trapped in a foreign country. Many travel insurers are removing this clause from their policies. People need to check very carefully.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in