Talk

Advanced search

Jersey tips

(12 Posts)
rookiemere Mon 27-Apr-20 12:53:46

So prompted by another thread looking for advice about places to stay and things to do on Jersey as just changed Easyjet flights to there for end of August. Goodness knows if they will go or no - I thought it was a wee bit more likely as part of the British Isles - so if they do I better have some holiday plan.

There's 3 of us - DH, DS 14 and me. They like outdoor activities and I like nice accommodation- we don't share bedrooms but open to either hotel or self catering,

OP’s posts: |
Eminybob Mon 27-Apr-20 13:06:00

Try the Merton. They have self catering apartments, a water park and it’s close to town and the beach. A bit pricey but worth it imo.

rookiemere Mon 27-Apr-20 13:35:02

I had looked at The Merton as it looked lovely. Super pricey - but if we get away may well be worth it. Thank you.

christravelwizard Mon 27-Apr-20 21:41:34

@rookiemere,
I found some hotels that are available in August. A lot of people are having staycations in the UK, Jersey, Scotland and Channel Islands this year because of the fear of flying.
(Don't know if you can see the image I've attached).

Chocolatecake12 Mon 27-Apr-20 21:48:53

Went to Jersey last year.
We stayed in a lovely hotel in St Helier which was central to everywhere but St Helier itself was a litre disappointing - not the pretty city centre I’d imagined it to be although great restaurants.
Jersey zoo is a must, St Brélade is so so pretty - if I went again I’d stay there. They have surf boards etc you can hire so great for a teen. The war tunnels are really cool too.
Hire a car, it’s a very easy place to get around. I really hope your holiday goes ahead, it’s one of my favourite places.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Mon 27-Apr-20 21:49:32

It might be worth being aware that Jersey is rules are that you need to quarantine for 14days after arriving on the island for 14 days. This has been the case since mid/end March. Don’t know if that will still be the case in August so whether the plane goes isn’t the only thing you need to bear in mind.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Mon 27-Apr-20 21:50:51

Self-isolate rather than quarantine. But it won’t be much of a holiday either way.

rookiemere Mon 27-Apr-20 22:44:27

Rafals had to move Easyjet flights which were originally to connect us to Gatwick , so thought i'd take a punt on this. Can move them to somewhere else if it's not looking feasible nearer the time and would only book fully cancellable accommodation.

rookiemere Mon 27-Apr-20 22:45:33

St Brelade sounds really good chocolate thanks

Muddlingalongalone Mon 27-Apr-20 22:56:44

We stayed at the Merton last year & it was fantastic but my children were much younger. (8 & 4).
We loved St Brelade beach - that's where we spent half of our week.
Apart from fave cities I never go back to the same place twice but we are booked for the end August and hoping because it's UK restrictions will have been lifted by then.
We had fab weather - slightly worried about what we'll do if it's cold/wet....

BG2015 Wed 29-Apr-20 21:50:22

We also stayed at the Merton too last year. The weather was brilliant and the rooms were very stuffy as there is no air con. But we loved the hotel.

The food was good if a bit canteenish but there was a decent mix of food. The pool area got very busy but the beach and St Helier are not far. I'd go back to the Merton again.

Jersey is beautiful

rookiemere Wed 29-Apr-20 22:22:15

I hope we get to go. Not booking any accommodation until much nearer the time. There seems to be a good range of available options, if it's feasible to go there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in