Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep on top of your digital photos - I haven't printed any since dd was born!

(12 Posts)
MrsFogi Wed 12-Sep-07 13:19:53

And now I just don't know where to start as there are so many to go through and it'll cost a fortune to print 19 months' of photos. Any tips on how to regain and then keep control? It was so much easier with film!

chipkid Wed 12-Sep-07 13:21:06

can you put them all on discs properly labelled and then just print out a selection of really good ones to keep.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 12-Sep-07 13:23:54

I just download them from the camera every so often and select a few to print out now and again - either to frame or give to people. I also keep a little handy sized album which I have a selection of pics of ds from birth onwards through the years and every so often stick a new one in. I keep it by my bed and in my bag when on holiday - just so that if my house burns down(God forbid!) I'd have some pictures safe...

lapsedrunner Wed 12-Sep-07 13:40:19

I was in exactly the same situation.
File them on your computer, perhaps by year/month or major event/holiday. Then make sure you put them onto disc. Then select some to print or try making an online photobook. I've just done my first one of these www.bobbooks.co.uk. I did one book to cover the whole of 2006, now I only have to do 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2007 grin

Sixer Wed 12-Sep-07 13:47:01

ohh ld that looks great. thanks. will come in very handy.

NannyL Thu 13-Sep-07 07:55:28

about every year i print about 100 pics in tesco / asda.

Once you have 100 its just a few p per print so costs just a few pounds.

I only print pictures that i relaly need

I have all photos backed up on CD
Most photos i either have uploaded on facebook or i have uploadedon 'my group of friends' website

My dad has a 5gb usb drive and intend to back them all up to keep at his house just in case my house burns down as i would HATE to looses them.

I have lots of photo albums and i try to keep up to date, my last album had 150 spaces and took me fom april 2006 - Augast 2007. I write the tags, ie the date and if necessary i BRIEF caption as i go along!

littlelapin Thu 13-Sep-07 08:00:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

liath Thu 13-Sep-07 08:16:47

I print very few off but DH has set up our screen saver so that it cycles through all our photos and as the laptop is fairly permanently on and open it means the photos are always seen & I look at them more often than if they were in an album.

I upload some to flickyr so friends and family can see them and use snapfish to make calendars for rellies etc.

Hulababy Thu 13-Sep-07 08:39:33

I don't print most of ours. But when I do I just send a whole load to Snapfish. Might try one of their photobooks next time though.

The rest are on my computer in various folders, all labelled. I have the screen saver set to slide show and it will go through a certain folder, which means we at least get to see them occasionally.

Going to get a digital photo frame instead though.

Haven't backed up for a while - mnust do that.

mimi1uk Thu 13-Sep-07 08:40:26

get them put unto disk in tesco cost 97 p and u get a case my computer got a virus lost everything

NannyL Thu 13-Sep-07 08:45:54

good idea about tesco CDs...

but you can only get about 500meg max on a CD so those of us with extensive photo collections would need LOTS od CDs!

Hulababy Thu 13-Sep-07 08:47:12

I would need loads of CDs, and at present neither my CD writer nor my DVD readers are working. Not sure why - need to get IT bods at DH's work to take a look. Think I am going to buy an external hard drive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: