Talk

Advanced search

Passport renewal

(14 Posts)
Justtheoneplease Tue 24-Mar-20 05:49:00

Hi, due to go on holiday in June and October which are most likely to be cancelled, not a problem as really don't want to go anywhere.
My problem is my passport has just expired. I was all booked to get my passport photo done today and complete form online. The photographer has cancelled, understandably. Hopefully will be able to get it done once lockdown is over. But will it get done in time?
I fully understand in the big scheme of everything this is nothing but frustrated with myself if only I had photo done yesterday I could have completed it online and have plenty of time to get a passport I probably won't need.

OP’s posts: |
moveoverhogger Tue 24-Mar-20 06:11:08

Can you get to a photo booth at your supermarket? DH did his the other day at Asda and was given a code to put in the online application.

user1494050295 Tue 24-Mar-20 06:16:00

Just use your phone and upload the photo

SimonJT Tue 24-Mar-20 06:20:09

You can use your phone and upload a photo, my phone doesn’t mirror image selfies, so that’s how I did mine.

PontiacBandit Tue 24-Mar-20 06:21:20

I took mine and DHs own passport photos this time.

TW2013 Tue 24-Mar-20 06:24:54

I imagine June will be cancelled and I really hope that this is all over by October. It only takes three weeks to get a passport, so either take it yourself if you need a visa or wait.

feliciabirthgiver Tue 24-Mar-20 06:34:22

As PP's have said you can do it all online now including uploading a photo from your phone.

ArriettyJones Tue 24-Mar-20 06:36:59

There’s a website that checks your own photos against passport office requirements.

Just take against a white or cream wall and upload. I can’t remember the name just now but I’m sure someone who comes along will.

fuzzyduck1 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:36:30

my Partner done it online get someone to take your photo and upload it
There is guidelines that need following but basically neutral background and no shadows on your face. It will check the photo when you upload it to make sure it’s suitable

LIZS Tue 24-Mar-20 12:38:09

You can photos on a phone and upload.

milveycrohn Tue 24-Mar-20 12:44:05

You can use your phone and upload, but I had to try about 20 times before it was accepted by their automatic software.
I had problems finding a neutral background. Then it still did not accept my face.
I then found a wall outside (had to sit in a flowerbed).
My DH kept pointing the phone at the wrong angle, so not straight on ( I found a selfie did not work).
However, I persevered, and eventually the phone pic was accepted.
You still have to send your old one off, but it was very fast, and you can track progress.

NathanNathan Tue 24-Mar-20 12:47:21

Don't go to a photo booth in a supermarket!

I don't think anyone will be doing any leisure international travel for some time. Do you think it's likely that all of the airlines and hotels will just be back up and running immediately?

we've been asked to stay in for THREE WEEKS. You can sort this out after that. It's not essential.

FitnessFad Tue 24-Mar-20 13:11:36

You booked a photographer for a passport photo??
Sorry if I have misunderstood.

Justtheoneplease Tue 24-Mar-20 18:36:49

Friend is a professional photographer hence booked in with him.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in