Talk

Advanced search

Travel in U.K.

(9 Posts)
ilovebrie8 Thu 12-Mar-20 08:12:01

Hi we are supposed to be going away this weekend within the U.K. my partner is paranoid and wants to cancel...he thinks it’s better to stay at home that risk travelling by train anywhere...shock...i am in 2 minds...

OP’s posts: |
OnlyFoolsnMothers Thu 12-Mar-20 08:13:19

Travel in the UK I would continue with. You could catch it at home, worst case you go home and self isolate, still under the nhs for care. What’s the difference?

ilovebrie8 Thu 12-Mar-20 08:20:18

Thanks it’s good to get another opinion, I Agree 100%with you I want to go but he is paranoid and saying we really taking unnecessary risks...he’s all doom & gloom about the virus.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Thu 12-Mar-20 10:02:47

my sister is booked to go to Butlins this year and shes under the same thinking as us. my colleague is off to the Cotswold and shes still going. Honestly i see zero difference unless you are self isolating at home.

BuzzShitbagBobbly Thu 12-Mar-20 10:39:13

he’s all doom & gloom about the virus.

God I'd go just to get away from him eeyoreing all over the place. Be a nice break!

Emus Thu 12-Mar-20 10:44:18

We are supposed to be going to London this weekend with our DC - going to see what happens after the Government meeting today. If attractions are to remain open etc then we will still go I think. 🤷‍♀️

ilovebrie8 Thu 12-Mar-20 11:41:33

Thanks buzz grin

Sleepy123Head123 Thu 12-Mar-20 13:29:37

I've just been away in UK for the last 6 days

Everything is Business as usual

ilovebrie8 Thu 12-Mar-20 16:24:22

Thanks still going to go smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in