Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any French mumsnetters or does anyone know if they have Lactose Free milk in France?

(7 Posts)
MummyDarlingSausage Mon 03-Sep-07 17:20:44

We are going to France in a couple of weeks to stay with my grandparents and I have asked my grandmother to have a look for some but I dont want her to look too hard if it there isn't any. Thanks

They definetly have soya milk in France, if memory serves me right the french word for soya is soja.

I've been to little towns and in the small spa they have it.

Or rather Spar, as in a spar type shop rather than a massage and pool type place smile

Othersideofthechannel Mon 03-Sep-07 18:36:25

Are you talking ordinary milk or formula? If she can't find any lactose free formula in the supermarket, she will definitely be able to get it in the pharmacy.

MummyDarlingSausage Tue 04-Sep-07 21:53:48

Thanks for your replies I meant ordinary milk but I have decided we can just use soya while we're over there.

Othersideofthechannel Wed 05-Sep-07 12:12:54

It is also easy to get hold of goats milk if that is something you can digest ok.

DEE7479551 Fri 07-Sep-07 22:58:38

How old is you child?

My Doctor always advised against using the soya milk here in France as it wasn't good enough nutritionally. If you go to the local heath food shop you can buy Almond milk which also has a lovely taste to it.

My dd, who is about to be 9, was raised on this stuff and she has always been really healthy, is never ill, and has never had an antibiotic.

It's sold in 1 litre cartons that are a pale green colour, can't remember the make, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now