Talk

Advanced search

Taking 10-week old on holidya - what do I need?

(5 Posts)
naturopath Sun 02-Sep-07 22:23:32

What are the essential items? Can one get a travel baby gym? / travel bouncer chair? / how do you put a bugaboo in the hold??

anneme Sun 02-Sep-07 22:43:01

I got a really good pop up travel cot from verbaudet - only £17 and my LO slept happily in it for 4 wks (from age 9-13 wks). You should be able to find it on their website. It is rather an odd design (bright green - designed to look like a plant?!?) but has some toys attached that dangle down so LO can lie and play with them. We even took it to a couple of restaurants and put it up behind our table (didn't have our buggy with us at the time - have to admit that would have been preferable - less danger of having a pizza dropped on him!) LO was sleeping in a grobag which made it all easier too. Also, if you are going to be going out in the evening and LO is in a buggy/car seat then it is worth looking at the grobags that you can get which have holes in to allow for straps for buggies etc.
have a good holiday!

naturopath Sun 02-Sep-07 23:42:56

Hey thanks, was actually given a travel grobag when he was born and forgot all about it. Will dig it out and bring it with!

anneme Mon 03-Sep-07 10:52:03

Just thought of something else that I found helpful. My LO got a little frustrated when he had been in carseat/carried etc too long and wanted to lie down. I put one of those changing mats that fold up in my bag so I could lie him down on tables/floors/chairs etc and that kept him happy too - particularly good if you are driving and stopping in service stations etc when you don't want the hassle of buggy/bed etc

anneme Mon 03-Sep-07 10:52:50

PS I should add that I did not actually lie him down on the floor of the service station!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now