Talk

Advanced search

ARGHHHH. FARRRK. PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ENORMOUS PROBLEM TO DO WITH GLASGOW AIRPORT.

(112 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:44:18

I am in the outer hebrides. we arrived on friday. all except my bag arrived. my bag contains not only ALL my stuff (clothes, make up, shoes EVERYTHING) BUT more importantly ALL ds's stuff (waterproofs, boots, and most most awful, his teddies without which he has trouble sleeping).

BA are being absolutely useless. have spent whole weekend phoning, finally got a human being who was a human being yesterday who tried her very best to find out what has happened to my luggage. apparently it left london city airport for glasgow as it should have (city airport very small and so they know if they have luggage and they don't have mine). but the bag has not been forwarded from glasgow to benbecula (all our other bags were).

so we surmise that my bag is sitting in glasgow airport. there have been 3 flights to benbecula since and none of them have had my bag on it.

the luggage handlers at glasgow airport for BA are Alliance. They do not answer their phone. Even (apparently) to BA. Certainly not to me (it sounds as if they pick up and then put down the receiver immediately, but maybe i'm paranoid).

they will not answer BA's telex's asking them to forward the bag or even say whether or not it is there.

we have until saturday here. It would transform my holiday to get the bag. I phone everyone several times every day. to no avail.

if any of you know a baggage handler at glasgow, or frankly, anyone that is physically at glasgow airport, and could walk round and ask them for my bag, please cat me and i'll give you the ref (or actually i'll give you the ref on here, because i am desperate).

if anyone knows anyone that works for Alliance dispatches who might have a phone number where a human being picks up the phone, would you let me know a number?

if anyone knows a BA bigwig (or anyone in BA who might be able to help me get my bag) please help.

this is such a downer on our holiday and i'm so bloody frustrated that my bag is probably sitting in glasgow airport with no one putting it on a flight to benbecula.

there are two flights tomorrow. if by the power of mumsnet my bag is on one i will be so overjoyed.

any vibes most appreciated too.

xxx

Heathcliffscathy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:48:35

Katymac Sun 02-Sep-07 18:50:07

Aww how awful

Can't do anything but bumping

Heathcliffscathy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:51:07

thanks katy

chopster Sun 02-Sep-07 18:51:12

can't help but you have my sympathy. DD's bag never made it for our fortnight in Spain. Apparently it reached the airport 4 days late, with no explanation, so just keep trying them. We gave up and muddled through wihtout it until we returned to the airport to fly home.

bobsmum Sun 02-Sep-07 18:52:06

I'm 1.5 hours from Glasgow airport otherwise I'd try to help. There are loads of closet west coast/Glasgow mnetters so keep bumping.

Vibes floating to the Hebrides as I type smile

Heathcliffscathy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:52:34

i'm sure there are people on here that work in glasgow airport....i can't remember who.

i just wish the power of mumsnet would work on this.

Heathcliffscathy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:53:32

thanks bobsmum. i can't stay online for long, but any bumping would be so appreciated. if anyone can really help, CD has my numbers and could get in touch....otherwise i will check when I can.

Katymac Sun 02-Sep-07 19:11:54

Bump for Sophable

coppertop Sun 02-Sep-07 19:41:20

another bump!

LaCod Sun 02-Sep-07 19:42:07

you want the smeaton bloke

CountessDraculaPI Sun 02-Sep-07 19:49:23

oh bloody hell
what a nightmare

Will start another thread for you to try and lure in Glasgow types

peanutbear Sun 02-Sep-07 19:49:39

the handling company may not actually handle the bags themselves it may be another company Dh is a pilot he is going to check for you i will return in 5 ps i will get you the number for them

Katymac Sun 02-Sep-07 19:55:21

Bump

CountessDraculaPI Sun 02-Sep-07 19:55:34

Prettybird
Weeonion
Gomez??

All in Glasgow I think

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 02-Sep-07 19:58:29

oh bugger.

:::::vibes:::::

for you.

callmeovercautious Sun 02-Sep-07 19:59:56

Great big shameless BUMP

seb1 Sun 02-Sep-07 20:07:15

TRY
BAA Glasgow - SWITCHBOARD 0141 887 1111
Aviance (BA handling agent) - 0141 842 7584
BA Glasgow - 0141 207 9018 or 9162

Katymac Sun 02-Sep-07 20:15:54

bump

seb1 Sun 02-Sep-07 20:23:59

If you don't get anywhere try

Loganair Head Office

0141 848 7594

They deal with BA highlands and islands

midnightexpress Sun 02-Sep-07 20:39:15

sophable, I'm in Glasgow, and I could probably go to the airport tomorrow, as I'm on maternity leave at the moment. What time are the Benbecula flights? I have to do a nursery run at about 8am and then pick-up at about 12 so could maybe head out there straight after drop-off with ds2 riding shotgun. I'll check this in the morning and will try to cat you (not sure how to do this, but can't be beyond the wit of woman).

HTH and will try to get that bag to you - just back from a couple of weeks in the highlands and would have been miserable without ds1's rainsuit and monkey smile

midnightexpress Sun 02-Sep-07 20:49:55

have CATted you sophable, but it probably won't get to you until tomorrow. Contact me via here if you need to I'll check in the morning.

peanutbear Sun 02-Sep-07 20:52:12

My Dh is convinced it is Aviance that do the handling to benbecula unfortunatly the girl in ops is being a bit dizzy

He will call them first thing in the morning if you want him to if you still havnt recieved it

seb1 Sun 02-Sep-07 21:00:56

Loganair do the islands for BA and (I think) their handler is Servisair. Flights are 08:00 and 16:00 tomorrow.

Beetroot Sun 02-Sep-07 21:05:39

shit soph -

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now