Talk

Advanced search

flying with a car seat - what to do with it?

(9 Posts)
skirmish Thu 30-Aug-07 08:33:34

I am flying to france next week and taking our car seat - do i need to wrap it in anything? it's going in the hold, not on the plane with us.

PrincessGoodLife Thu 30-Aug-07 08:36:49

Not necessary to wrap it up although I've seen people put them in clear plastic sacks. As long as all the straps are tied back so they don't catch in anything, it should be ok.

skirmish Thu 30-Aug-07 08:37:58

thanks

TheBlonde Thu 30-Aug-07 08:43:39

The airline might provide a bag if you are lucky
If you have a big enough plastic bag use one as it will ensure it doesn't arrive wet

cktwo Fri 31-Aug-07 16:33:12

I'm off to France tomorrow with two car seats. We've decided to tie them together and wrap them in clear plastic to prevent most catastrophies. If I got to destination with damaged/wet/filthy seats DH will panic! Also I have abolutely no faith in Ryanair.

That said, I flew with Thompsonfly about a year ago and then a just secured the straps and the car seat came out perfectly alright at the other end.

scienceteacher Fri 31-Aug-07 17:28:10

Virgin Atlantic gave us a huge plastic bag at checkin for the car seat. It didn't faze them at all.

littlerach Fri 31-Aug-07 17:29:11

We wraed ours each time we've been.
I got a very thick plasticv bag from B&Q and labelled it.
Rather that than it ocme out all torn at the other end.

handlemecarefully Fri 31-Aug-07 17:30:37

Why are you taking a car seat? If you are hiring a car for collection from the airport, the rental companies also provide car seats on request.....

jura Fri 31-Aug-07 17:36:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now