Talk

Advanced search

Parking north of Regents Park

(7 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Wed 29-Aug-07 14:39:06

I have used the roads north of Regents Park - by the zoo - for parking at weekends, as they are v. convenient for central London and reasonably priced. Please does anyone know what sort of charges there are midweek?

I need to take the kids in on Friday for around 4 or 5 hours together with visitors and really don't want to pay for the train for 5 of us/ don't want the extra long journey on the bus.

Thank you.

Notquitegrownup Wed 29-Aug-07 20:34:38

Or any other recommendations of parking in Northish/westish/central London for 5 hrs much appreciated.

interstellar Wed 29-Aug-07 20:41:37

The zoo car park,to the north of the Regents park is $10,would that be any good?

Notquitegrownup Thu 30-Aug-07 22:19:29

Only if you are visiting the Zoo I'm afraid. It's £35 if you aren't. Hmmmm. Rethinking!

frogs Thu 30-Aug-07 22:23:28

You can park on the outer circle, but it's usual inner London charges -- 20p per 6 mins iirc. And you maynot be able to stay longer than two hours.

Where are you aiming to go?

4jen Thu 30-Aug-07 22:27:04

You can search parking restrictions by street name on Camden Council's website, not sure it will tell you the actual charges though. This should give you most of the roads north as the rest will be Westminster.

Notquitegrownup Fri 31-Aug-07 21:28:59

Thanks folks. Managed in the end, by Googling for parking near Lords cricket ground and came up with a super little car park for £12 for 6 hours right next to St John's Wood tube station. It saved us £40 or so in bus or train fares and is just 4 or 5 stops away from many the main sites. smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now