Talk

Advanced search

Where to go in October?

(18 Posts)
Babysharkdoodoodood Tue 07-Jan-20 15:19:25

I've booked my leave 29/9 -25/10. Emergency services so have to book well in advance. But don't know where to go.
DH is super fussy and it has to be near bars and restaurants, even when all inclusive. We went to Montenegro last year and he hated it. If it's more than 15 minutes walk away from anywhere, then he vetoes it (considering going on my own actually).

Going to have about £2000 each but that's upper limit, prefer to spend under £1000 each. Want all inc. or half board. I don't like long haul so Europe. He loved Italy but I found it meh. I wouldn't mind Spain or the Balearics. Loved Sant Eulalia a few years ago. I hate super busy resorts and prefer real towns/cities, as long as there's a pool.

Done Rhodes,Crete and Thassos in Greece so somewhere new might be nice. Cyprus is off the list as well. Really don't want Turkey or Malta.

Brain hurting from researching now. confused

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 07-Jan-20 16:16:20

Barcelona? this hotel is around a 5 minute walk (maybe less) from shops and restaurants, although it has a restaurant in the hotel also. there is a pool too x

Babysharkdoodoodood Tue 07-Jan-20 16:43:51

Sorry. Been to Barcelona around 5 times now.

DailyFailAreTwats Tue 07-Jan-20 16:52:50

Corfu Town?

Jfw82 Tue 07-Jan-20 16:53:38

San Sebastian? Or Marrakesh?

BlueSkies2020 Tue 07-Jan-20 17:33:11

Somewhere in Italy?

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 07-Jan-20 17:46:12

ah ok. Antibes in france? or Gibraltar?

Babysharkdoodoodood Tue 07-Jan-20 17:54:39

@sleepismysuperpower1 What's Antibes like? Haven't heard much about it as a resort? I want somewhere like Madrid or Zaragoza by the sea (sounds like Barcelona )

A buzzing city, but relaxed seaside. Went to S'agneli on the Amalfi coast and that was close.

Basically Barcelona, but not IYKWIM?

@BlueSkies2020 Won't San Sebastián be cooler in October?

BlueSkies2020 Tue 07-Jan-20 18:06:55

Antibes is a french seaside town with pretty bay. Rustic buildings and modern buildings. It’s the older town in this part of Southern France and more quaint than Cannes. It’s pretty but not a lot to it

BlueSkies2020 Tue 07-Jan-20 18:09:18

Hmmm don’t know about San Sebastián. I asked if Italy is of interest? I personally love Ischia. Lots to do and lots of bars/ restaurants. Has a variety of beaches in pretty settings but it’s not a beach resort.

Funf Tue 07-Jan-20 18:11:19

Have a good look at the weather. Assuming you want warm?
Morocco?
Canaries?

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 07-Jan-20 18:12:04

ah not sure if Antibes would suit then, its a nice town and you can easily get to places like Nice but it might be worth staying in Nice itself if that's what you are after?

PopcornAndWine Tue 07-Jan-20 18:12:16

Went to Malaga for a wedding in October 2 years ago. Then went to Seville after. Both lovely cities and the weather was gorgeous - sunny and warm but not too hot.

averythinline Tue 07-Jan-20 18:17:39

I would say spain for warmth - south france can be windy that time of year although liked Marseille and Nice..

Seville is fab..but a real city break place you will get hotels with pools but not resort type hotels ..so not sure AI type?

how about Malaga? really interesting city and more hotel/resort type but great restaurants as well

we are looking at Cadiz - the parador there looks fab and apparently the food is great ......or Marrakech but the weather isnt as constant

other option Majorca but stay in Palma - often highly Recommended

Babysharkdoodoodood Tue 07-Jan-20 18:20:12

@PopcornAndWine Off to Seville on Sunday grin

Definitely not Morocco. DH is very anti and my mum had a nasty experience there. I love Tunisia but went with my (grown up) boys as DH refused. I want Cape Verde but that would be a solo trip. DH is very obstinate (& a pain in the arse).

Just been looking at Antibes and it looks very pretty, plus could get train into Cannes and nice for days outs.

Lampan Tue 07-Jan-20 18:20:44

Lisbon! It’s a fab city, loads to see, friendly people, great food, very reasonably priced etc

DreamingofSunshine Tue 07-Jan-20 18:29:09

I went to Antibes in September, it is lovely. We stayed in Juan Les Pins which has the beach and lots of restaurants. It was very easy to get the train up and down the coast. It might not be sunbathing hot for your dates though.

Málaga and the costa del sol would be warmer.

purplecorkheart Tue 07-Jan-20 18:33:08

Matagorda Lanzorote

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in