Talk

Advanced search

Sunsail Holidays

(4 Posts)
SixInTheBed Thu 23-Aug-07 13:21:20

Hi DH would love to go on a Sunsail holiday (or something similar)next year and I have rashly agreed.Would really welcome any advice on which resort to choose as they all sound lovely in the brochure .DH has done a bit of sailing, the kids are eager to try and I get seasick in the bathtub.Safety,edible food and a few creature comforts are considerations.Any recommendations anyone?

ska Thu 23-Aug-07 13:25:00

i have done a sunsail holiday many years ago - it was when i was single and i did a singles/couple get to know each other 2 week holiday where we all learnt to sail one week and teh next week did the flotilla thing. It was beyond doubt the best holiday I have ever had (sorry dh!) and would do it gain in a flash if we could afford it. (we have 3 kids so it'd be too much for us). Do it - we were on lefkas.

Millarkie Thu 23-Aug-07 13:30:03

We prefer the Turkish resorts over Greece - all of them (and we have been to a few) are great. Turkish ones tend to have turkish chefs and the food is superb (we are veggie which may make a difference). The greek one we went to - Vounaki, had a UK chef and food was more UK style (not so great for a hot country in our opinon and less imaginative for veggies).
Vounaki is on a hillside so not great if you (like I was) are very pregnant. Javelin (which is being re-fitted at the moment and opens again for next season) was really lovely for relaxing/kids clubs - all on the level and has a little beach for the kids...but I found the sailing a bit tough as when we were their the prevailing wind pushed you away from the landing place - I spent all my time trying to get back to shore again but then I am not a great sailor.
We want to try the other Turkish one next (Name escapes me) - it's a very short transfer from the airport (15mins?)

SixInTheBed Sat 25-Aug-07 18:29:44

Thanks for your replies. Think we'll try Marverde as near airport and i can always seek refuge in Bodrum if I lose my nerve about sailing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now