Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I take an (empty) drinking bottle in hand baggage when flying?

(10 Posts)
melpomene Thu 23-Aug-07 13:16:08

My dds like carrying their drinking bottles with them (plastic/aluminium bottles with sports caps). When flying, are we aloud to take the drinking bottles through customs if they are empty at the time?

KerryMumbledore Thu 23-Aug-07 13:17:07

I got one through a couple of weeks ago - amazingly enough as they confiscated everything else!

NotADragonOfSoup Thu 23-Aug-07 13:17:55

Technically, I don't think you are.

SydneyB Thu 23-Aug-07 13:18:19

Yes, you are. Beware nappy cream though as I had a right royal battle about that last time I flew. Boots must be making a fortune airside.

RibenaBerry Thu 23-Aug-07 13:18:47

I think you are, as long they are totally empty. It's the liquid they are worried about, not the container.

bozza Thu 23-Aug-07 13:19:11

I packed DS and DD's bottles in the suitcase when we went to France.

strawberry Thu 23-Aug-07 13:19:48

Just got back from holiday and no problem taking empty drink cups/bottles through security. I filled them up on the other side. Have a lovely holiday!

NannyL Fri 24-Aug-07 22:37:26

i took a 3 quaters full (and opened not sealed) 2 litre bottle of water with me, when i felw out from barbados!

fortyplus Fri 24-Aug-07 22:40:40

We flew from Luton recently and dh realised he had a 500ml bottle of water in his hand luggage once we were on the plane - he wasn't stopped.

Empty bottles will be fine. Ds1 found some used bullets on the beach and he was allowed to take those on the plane!

scienceteacher Sat 25-Aug-07 17:13:45

If it's empty, then no probs. The issue is about taking liquids, not the containers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now