Talk

Advanced search

Holiday inFrance

(9 Posts)
MidiMitch Sun 01-Dec-19 18:01:29

Thinking about going somewhere in France in August - booking an Air B and B. Want somewhere quiet but with a town with laid back vibe (think long dinners, after vinos etc). Have no idea where to look as only been to cities in France. Would rather not have to have a car. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
paniquer Sun 01-Dec-19 18:04:17

Metz. They have lots on all easy walking distance. We have stayed here a few times. It's an hour south of Luxembourg and an hour and a half north of Paris.

SheWoreBlueVelvet Mon 02-Dec-19 21:49:04

We go to the South of France. Fly into Nice and then there’s a great train that goes all along the coast. Goes west to St Tropez and Cannes and east into Italy. Stunning beautiful and lots of villages and towns to chose from. I like Villefranche sur mer ( and I got married there). It has a beach and sea you can swim in. Loads of places to eat and drink and lots of tourist as well as wealthy yacht owners.
Pick an a place close to the bottom ( sea) because the climbs will kill you!

anitafr Tue 03-Dec-19 07:44:37

My Favorite Place Visited 1 Ancey , 2 Sarlat-la-Canéda , 3 Colmart , 4 Normandi , with many places in france

Frenchfancy Sun 08-Dec-19 10:28:46

My advice for France would be don't use Airbnb. Try home away, French connections or gites.co.uk

eavers Sun 08-Dec-19 21:08:07

@frenchfancy why wouldnt you recommend airbnb in France?

SJaneS48 Mon 09-Dec-19 22:09:46

Villefranche, 10 minutes on the train line from Nice. Lovely old town and gentle beach

Frustratedfrenchie Mon 09-Dec-19 22:14:06

Arcachon, carcasonne, sarlat.

SJaneS48 Tue 10-Dec-19 06:57:54

Love Carcasonne & Sarlat - a bit busy in August though?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in