Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cash Points abroad??

(4 Posts)
alibo Mon 20-Aug-07 11:33:30

Has anyone used cash tills in spain? what is the typical fee to withdraw cash, and can you obtain a balance on your account? have various things going in and out of bank account at the moment, not always on same days each month etc, so being able to get a balance over there would be v.useful.

Blackduck Mon 20-Aug-07 11:36:50

Don't know about the balance thing (but expect so), fee depends on your bank....

jura Mon 20-Aug-07 11:38:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WriggleJiggle Mon 20-Aug-07 21:35:51

Getting cash out of the hole in the wall should be no problem. However, having done so successfully on previous holidays all over the world, this time both dh and myself had our cards stopped when we tried to use them in SAfrica. It left us with no money until I managed to persuade a bank to withdraw some from my visa card.

On returning to the UK I phoned the bank who said they had stopped my card because they thought it was a fraudulent transaction (all of £60 worth!).

They said we weren't supposed to have informed them we were going to be going abroard, but in future I will make sure I warn them just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now