Talk

Advanced search

North Norfolk Folk - please help!

(7 Posts)
Mercy Fri 17-Aug-07 18:18:49

I posted this in Mumsnet Local but haven't had any response yet so I'm hoping someone will see this here!

We are going to Wells-Next-the-Sea and I was asking if anyone knows the area:-

"If so, could you tell me which are the best food shops there, please? Anything from a supermarket to a bakery to a deli to the best fish & chip shop etc.

Also, is it windy on the North Norfolk coast?

TIA!"

TIA once again

lljkk Fri 17-Aug-07 18:31:16

"Is it windy?", hahahahahahahahahhaaaaa....
Er, "yes", although not always.

I seem to recall it has some super restaurants (not all of them too posh for kids), and a dearth of decent charity shops (important resources when your child has been sick in the car en-route). Your nearest "big town" is Fakenham. Suggest you phone Wells Tourist Information to ask about food shops: 01485-210616.

Mercy Sat 18-Aug-07 13:21:13

Thanks lljkk. I've been to Wells once before but it was a long time ago and it wasn't at all windy then; I was thinking about the kids really and what to take for them - they hate cold winds! (who doesn;'t though).

Anyone got any personal recommendations re shops etc?

squeakybub Sat 18-Aug-07 16:51:49

Message withdrawn

Mercy Sat 18-Aug-07 20:28:24

Thanks squeakybub - I think Seriously though, I will go prepared then.

Please can anyone else help? I have to be organised or the ILs will take over

DEE7479551 Sun 19-Aug-07 22:17:58

Burnham Market is very close by and is a lovely village for a wander and pub lunch. There is a fab pub for lunch, don't be put off by the fact it looks very up-market, the food is but they are very child friendly. Sorry but I can't remember the name of it, there is a tiny stream running in front of it.

Google the area, it will give you a better idea.

jaz2 Sun 19-Aug-07 22:33:54

Crofters restaurant in Sheringham is superb - book in advance. There is also a good veggie(?) restaurant in Cley (forgotten its name) and a superb shop that does fresh fruit & veg, deli, local wines, bread...people travel from miles togo there. It's on the corner as you enter the village from the north.
Even tho you didn't ask about transport, I'd add that the Coastliner Bus is well worth using - an hourly service along the coast from Hunstanton to Sheringham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now