Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car seats abroad......

(11 Posts)
mum2oliver Mon 13-Aug-07 20:24:03

How are we supposed to travel to a hotel from the airport in a taxi with a 3yr old and a 6month old?
Could we get a taxi with car seats?

cktwo Mon 13-Aug-07 20:25:22

Which country are you travelling to?

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:27:05

Sometimes , rather depends though.

REIDmylips Mon 13-Aug-07 20:28:10

we have just got back from Cyprus, we booked a taxi via the internet (very modern i know!)that picked us up from the airport and took us to the hotel and vice versa, we requested a car seat for my 11 month old ds. We had no problems at all.

The cot in the apts however, is another story!

tassisssss Mon 13-Aug-07 20:29:23

we took carseats on plane to france as we were too tight to pay extra to hire them!

mum2oliver Mon 13-Aug-07 20:30:32

majorca-magaluf.

LIZS Mon 13-Aug-07 20:55:21

We prebooked a taxi transfer with car seats in Majorca, good quality seats too. Try these people. dd was 3 and they had a secure rearward facing one for her . hth

sammysam Tue 14-Aug-07 16:30:54

we're wandering the same thing..
we're going to menorca and pre-booked the taxi when we booked the holiday and have just been told that they can't guarente that thyw'll have a car seat for us so we should take our own

Would we have to pay excess for this and how would you stop it getting damaged on the flight?

DD will be 13months. What do you think we should do?

LIZS Tue 14-Aug-07 16:41:09

Take it , most airlines will carry baby stuff foc but worth checking. You check it in as oversized baggage in box or polythene bag. Via that link is a Menorca taxi site too.

naturopath Mon 20-Aug-07 04:27:40

anyone know about car seat availability / regulations in Israel?

Tups Mon 20-Aug-07 15:32:00

Hello!
We are going to Majorca Palma Nova in a week or so. We always go to Palma Nova which is next to Magaluf.
We've been going to Palma Nova for years but this is the 1st time we've been in 4 years and taking 3 year old daughter for the first time aswell and had same concerns as you. We have looked into this but it really depends what airport and what airline you are flying with.
Check the BAA website under whatever airport you are flying from.
Majorca has the same laws to a degree with regards to car seats, plus the fact, would you want your child in the back of a taxi without being a car seat, I've seen how they drive!! It's only about 15 minutes from the airport and there is a massive taxi rank right outside. Not sure abot pre-booking taxi's with car seats, I am always too paranoid that they won't have one which would be just our luck.
If yu are flying from Stanstead, it states that you can take a car seat on the aircraft and it is not classed as part of your luggage. I am going to do this when we go but if you find out any different, let me know!!
I was a bit concerned as we are always juming in and out of taxi's to go half a mile as we were tired but we don't want to carry the booster seat with us every time we go out so we are just going to have to walk it when we are there.
When are you going and have you been before?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now