Talk

Advanced search

Summer holiday ideas with one teenager

(5 Posts)
KateCantab Sat 05-Oct-19 14:41:54

It’ll just be three of us next summer as our eldest dc won’t be joining us. I’m trying to think of somewhere a bit different to take DD2 who will be 17. She’s really easygoing but I’m worried she’ll be bored/lonely without her siblings. Taking a friend isn’t an option at the moment as they’re all going away with their own families. We like warm weather, beaches, bit of culture and sightseeing. We’re not sporty but reasonably active. Our most successful holidays have been ones where we can walk out in the evening and wander around old town areas (San Sebastian was good for that). Budget would be about 3.5k excluding spending money. We normally rent apartments/villas but would stay in a hotel if the accommodation was big enough. All ideas gratefully received. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
marialuisa Sat 05-Oct-19 18:54:07

Montenegro, perhaps staying in Kotor?

TheresWaldo Sat 05-Oct-19 19:50:11

We went interrailing ish round Eastern Europe with my 15 year old this year and it worked really well. Plenty to see, wifi on trains ;-) No chance to be bored. Prague, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna, Munich. She was totally bored with gites and campsites in France etc.

KateCantab Sun 06-Oct-19 08:41:03

Thank you! Hadn’t considered Montenegro, I’ll check it out.

DD will be interrailling after A levels with her friends so that’s ruled out, although a very good idea. Anywhere with WiFi is essential these days😬

OP’s posts: |
MsTSwift Sun 06-Oct-19 08:44:30

There’s we are planning this this summer ours 11 and 13.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in