Talk

Advanced search

Children listed on seating plan

(9 Posts)
RobinGlass222 Sat 28-Sep-19 16:47:10

Just saw this article, don't really know what to make of it. Is this really a good thing??

www.fodors.com/news/news/theres-a-new-option-for-avoiding-babies-on-a-flight

OP’s posts: |
kenandbarbie Sat 28-Sep-19 16:59:29

I actually think it's a good idea. Those with babies are stressed enough without intolerant people beside them. If a flights not busy they might even get some extra seats next to them.

TheCanterburyWhales Sat 28-Sep-19 17:04:35

There was a long thread about this yesterday- was v funny Ranged from "yippee" to "what about the paeeeeeedo who is going to book a seat next to my yawping kid"
I'm in the first camp btw.

Bouffalant Sat 28-Sep-19 17:17:51

I saw the Japan Air thread.

I recently flew longhaul and was seated near about 5 toddlers and babies.

I'd happily pay extra to sit away from them.

Alarae Sat 28-Sep-19 17:25:55

Spent 13 hours trapped behind kids that would cry on and off each hour. It meant we couldn't even try to catch a nap ourselves due to the noise of either their screaming or the noise of the crap toys their parents had given them to amuse them.

Would happily pay to be sat at the opposite end of the plane to any children.

handbagsatdawn33 Sat 28-Sep-19 19:26:51

I'd love it.
But I'd also like to avoid other passengers with annoying habits - such as a man who was constantly hawking & spitting into a hankie during a very long haul flight.

FenellaMaxwell Sat 28-Sep-19 19:36:14

Can I book to sit away from my toddler??

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sat 28-Sep-19 19:38:42

It’s only infants, not all children.

What’s wrong with it?

PancakeAndKeith Sat 28-Sep-19 19:44:47

There were a lot of people saying things like ‘children can’t help being children’ and no one can stop babies crying on a flight’, all of which I agree with and understand. Of course no parent can stop that but doing this means that other people can avoid babies who can’t help but cry.

I wish I could have done it to avoid the mother on the last flight I went on who had the 4 middle seats for her and her two small children, plonked them in their seats and went to sleep. The children unbuckled themselves and were up and about during take off! I ended up helping them undo and eat their meals.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in