Talk

Advanced search

Online check-in - experiences? good, bad or indifferent?

(7 Posts)
flatmouse Wed 08-Aug-07 13:40:28

Am debating doing this - have already "booked specific seats".

Would love your comments.

Thanks.

fairyjay Wed 08-Aug-07 13:41:46

We checked in on-line with Virgin. It was fine, except that the queue to drop off the bags was as long as the check in!

I think it means you don't have to get there so early though!

scienceteacher Wed 08-Aug-07 13:46:24

I did onlie check-in with Virgin. A few weeks ahead of the flight, I selected seats and ordered children's meal. 24 hours before the flight, I actually did the check in and printed boarding passes.

When we got to the airport, the bag drop was quick and easy - took about 5 minutes.

flatmouse Wed 08-Aug-07 13:47:39

thanks - i think my main worry is that we drop bags at different counter to where everyone else drops bags - and have this major fear of bags not making it to the plane!

scienceteacher Wed 08-Aug-07 13:50:16

The bag drop is exactly the same as checking in. You take them up to the counter, and they weigh and tag them, then they disappear off down the conveyor.

The way Virgin does the check in is that you either print out your boarding passes at home, or you go to a kiosk (computer terminal) in the airport and print them out there. Either way, you drop your bags off in the traditional way.

rosmerta Wed 08-Aug-07 13:55:22

I definitely prefer the online check in, much less hassle, quicker to drop off your bags (and they've always turned up so far!). Have done it with Virgin, BA, BMI & KLM

PestoMonster Wed 08-Aug-07 22:31:09

Are you going with Virgin? Coz if so, you can check in the night before from midday to 9.00pm. You get rid of the cases and get your boarding passes like you would normally, but the next day you simply have to go through security with your hand luggage. Just the one queue, much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now