Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use the VICTORIA - Brighton commuter train?////////////////////

(7 Posts)
noonar Tue 07-Aug-07 17:35:40

if so, am i likely to get a seat if i travel at 5.30 / 6.30pm, and get on at clapham junction?

i have 2 young dds and was planning to visit my brother. suddenly the rush hour journey home seems like not such a good idea.

i can't leave later, btw, as my brother has friends coming fro dinner!

Mumpbump Tue 07-Aug-07 17:36:35

I think probably not, but it usually empties out a lot by East Croydon which is only 10 minutes down the line from Clapham Junction.

noonar Tue 07-Aug-07 17:38:14

oh gawd. how can i stand with a 3 and a 5 yo??

Mumpbump Tue 07-Aug-07 17:45:35

Well, you might find a gallant commuter, but tbh, probably not. Try to get on at the back end of the train as there is a subway half-way up the platform at East Croydon and the exit towards the front of the train so I would have thought those parts would be more crowded. Good luck...

noonar Tue 07-Aug-07 17:47:30

thanks for the tip. is there any point getting an early start at 5.30, or dyout hink it'll be just as busy as the 6.30?

Mumpbump Tue 07-Aug-07 17:49:08

I'd go for the 17:30. I figure most people leave their offices at 17:30 or afterwards so it might not be too bad then.

LIZS Tue 07-Aug-07 18:06:16

pmsl @ a seat let alone 3 ,sorry - very, very unlikely , I'm afraid it is usually heaving from Victoria to East Croydon. Can you not leave half an hour earlier, would make a huge difference, or take a slower service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now