Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

first family holiday abroad, any ideas...

(6 Posts)
pinkdolly Sun 05-Aug-07 16:50:39

hiya,
dh would like to go abroad next year for one or two weeks. there will be me, dh, dd 6, dd 5 and dd 2. all ages approx dependant on time of year. we've never been abtroad before. cant afford for it too be hugely expensive. what would you recommend...

maisym Sun 05-Aug-07 16:51:46

do you want to fly or take your car?

pinkdolly Sun 05-Aug-07 16:57:31

hadn't thought of that, i expect dh would like to fly. we could always hire a car if needed

scienceteacher Sun 05-Aug-07 17:50:30

Give us more ideas about the kind of holiday you are after

pinkdolly Sun 05-Aug-07 18:54:47

well, we're quite open to ideas and suggestions really. somewhere close to the beach would be nice, not too hot, but warmer then here. with plenty of activites/days out for the girls. other then that, anything goes really. as i've said this is our first family holiday, so am really open to suggestions. but nothing too expensive.

Leslaki Sun 12-Aug-07 08:25:58

If you don't mind driving I'd recommend camping in France in a mobile home. The campsites are so geared up for kids and having the car is handy for taking loads of stuff (and loading up with wine for the way back!!) and days out. We have stayed at caming vilage la plage in Le Gulivenic in Brittany (google) which was right on the beach but pool not brilliant. Last year we stayed at Camping Acapulco in St Jean de Monts in the Vendee with fab pool and beach a short walk away. This year we're going to Camping les deux fontaines in Raguenes Brittany which looks like it has a fb pool and a beach a short walk away. Alternatively try Camping Mane Guernehue in baden, Brittany, gorgeous site with fantastic pool complex buit you need to drive to a beach. Most camping operators ahve deasl on and if you go with French Life or Siblu you can use Tesco vouchers. Have stayed on a SIblu site in the vendee before and you can tell its Haven Europe!!! Sorry haven't posted links but you can google!! Ideal hols if youj want the kids to ahve freedom and be outdoors, then spend your evenings drinking wine round a bbq!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now