loader

Talk

Advanced search

Im new! I need help re the sun!

(5 Posts)
mad4mybaby Thu 02-Aug-07 21:26:55

Hi guys
This is my first post so hello!

I have a 13 month old gorgeous baby boy who adores the outside and especially water! He sits in his paddling pool until his teeth are chattering. I was thinking about getting a wetsuit but need one that has spf protection. The only trouble is I can only find ones that are quite thick that he wont wear. Any ideas of where i can get one??
Thank you!

debbiewebweb Thu 02-Aug-07 22:12:22

Hi, are you in the UK? Do you have enough sun to need an spf suit, if so lucky you.
We bought normal sunsuits from Blooming Marvellous and Bump to 3 for our two but they've not been used at all this year the wetsuit our dd1 wears is neoprene and not spf.
But I do know that boohoobaby.co.uk sell a baby swimming suit that is supposed to be warm in and out of water and they say its a total sun block. Did look at it once but never bought one so no experience I'm afraid.

funnypeevesculiar Thu 02-Aug-07 22:22:09

Hi mad4my baby - & welcome to mn!

We've always used UV sunsuits - you can even get them in sainsburys (don't know if there's any difference in protection if you pay more)
They only cover to elbow/knee level, but all the most sensitive bits re covered, iykwim.
We also always put the paddling pool in shade - is that an option for you?

Skribble Thu 02-Aug-07 23:43:18

sunsuits will keep the sun off but aren't going to keep him warm, wetsuits made of neoprene will keep him warm but are as you say thicker will give UV protection due to the thickness.

cornsilk Thu 02-Aug-07 23:47:13

I think that jojo maman bebe does them. I buy my ds's wet suits from O'Neils to keep warm but don't know how small they go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now