Talk

Advanced search

BA flights cancelled at Gatwick and Heathrow

(6 Posts)
stirling Wed 07-Aug-19 12:42:41

Absolute chaos at the airports. Flights are being cancelled and passengers told to go home. Apparently due to technical problems IT related - something to do with check in and baggage...

The advice on the website says to check flight updates before coming to the airport but although everyone reports error messages when attempting to access their flight including me.

Does anyone know how long this type of problem takes to resolve? I'm due to fly out long haul on Saturday and really quite worried...

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
SJane48S Wed 07-Aug-19 17:26:42

Last time there was a big IT issue (May 2017), it took about 72 hours to correct. We caught the end of it but it was a really tense start to the holiday at Terminal 5 with flights in front of ours popping up as cancelled. I guess it depends on the size of the issue. I’d imagine you’ll be ok by Saturday and I’d proceed as normal but perhaps have a conversation with the DC about what’s going on?

stirling Wed 07-Aug-19 17:55:53

Thanks sjane, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

superram Wed 07-Aug-19 17:57:35

We have just flown back from San Francisco. We sat on the runway while they manually worked out which bags needed to go where in order to balance the plane. Bags came fine though. They prioritise long haul over short haul.

stirling Wed 07-Aug-19 20:23:28

Thank you superram good to hear

Strawberrypancakes Wed 07-Aug-19 20:25:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in