Talk

Advanced search

Need hotel or resort recommendation for summer 2020

(8 Posts)
zafferana Fri 26-Jul-19 16:26:08

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel/resort in either Portugal, the Costa de la Luz (Spain), or the Canaries (i.e. not too hot as we don't like over 30 degrees)? Several pools and more than one restaurant on site would be ideal and we'd like to be close to the beach.

Our DC will be 9 & 12, so facilities for babies or small DC are not needed and a resort that caters primarily for families with small DC would not suit us. Water sports would be a bonus, but not critical. We like walking, sight seeing, swimming and eating out. Any ideas gratefully received. TIA.

OP’s posts: |
combatbarbie Fri 26-Jul-19 16:27:28

We loved salagdos palm Village in Portugal

Stopyourhavering64 Fri 26-Jul-19 21:17:58

How about this?
www.anantara.com/en/vilamoura-algarve
You can book direct or via Jet 2 holidays

Ricekrispie22 Sat 27-Jul-19 06:52:01

Vila Vita Parc and Be Live Family Palmeiras Village, both in Portugal, would be my recommendations.

sansou Tue 30-Jul-19 23:43:15

Conil de la frontera

We stayed here a few years ago in interconnecting rooms. Flew into Jerez and used it as a base for day trips to Jerez, Seville, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Vejer de la Frontera & Tarifa. You can walk into town or just onto the beach for restaurants galore. We went at Easter and it was one of our best family holidays. Definitely recommend.

zafferana Sun 04-Aug-19 12:02:03

Thanks everyone! We went to Conil de la Frontera years ago and it was gorgeous @sansou, so I'd definitely go back there. The beach was endless and I remember eating at a seafood restaurant right on the sand.

OP’s posts: |
LifeInAHamsterWheel Wed 07-Aug-19 16:49:30

Not sure of your budget OP, but for the Canaries we love Meloneras or Mogan both in Gran Canaria. Little bit more expensive than average but worth it. Happy to provide links to places we've stayed if that helps.

Hunnihun2 Tue 08-Dec-20 16:51:32

@Ricekrispie22 what was Palmeiras villiage like please?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in