Talk

Advanced search

Safest Stage 2/3 Car Seats

(2 Posts)
icklescarab Tue 23-Jul-19 15:11:57

I've been trying to research the best stage 2/3 car seats for my LO and have ended up more confused than when I started.
I'm really interested in the top 5 for safety as we travel on the motorways a lot and I want to be sure I've done all I can to keep him safe in the car.
We have the added issue that he's fairly broad (potential rugby player maybe) so the seat needs to be a little forgiving for the chunkier toddler.
Please, please please can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance grin

OP’s posts: |
katieviney Wed 24-Jul-19 09:37:30

Hi, i have aBritax Römer advansafix iv r car seat - cosmos black.
I got this from mothercare.
My daughter has just turned 6 and i have only just taken the 5 point harness off and she uses it with a seatbelt.
she is tall and the weight limit on the 5 point harness is higher than most of the others.
I have been very happy with this car seat and very easy to clean and take apart to clean.
Hope this helps. i was after a car seat that would keep her in a 5 point harness for a long as possible and was isofix. this did the job. at 5 and a half still in a 5 point harness i thought that was good. it will depend on weight of child. its untill 23kg. (i think) she has only just reached that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in