Talk

Advanced search

Lykia World - does anyone know if it is a year round resort?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 31-Jul-07 07:31:02

We've just come back from our first trip to Lykia World in Turkey and we are now planning our second trip! It was fantastic.

I'm trying to found out if it will be open the October half term but the Lykia World website isn't working properly this morning and the other couple of tour company websites I have looked at have not had the information.

Many TIA.

mckenzie Tue 31-Jul-07 09:46:59

just realised that might have sounded a bit like I was trying to show off by saying we were hoping to go again. I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention.

mckenzie Tue 31-Jul-07 13:29:18

bump

alibo Tue 31-Jul-07 20:08:32

relly fancy lykia world next year, but am toatally confused by the different room types. i have read somewhere on a review website to avoid the "village" rooms? which bit did you stay in?

alibo Tue 31-Jul-07 20:09:48

sorry, should be "really"!

mckenzie Tue 31-Jul-07 21:15:14

we stayed in the village Alibo and it was great. I'll try and describe our apartment then it might give you more of an idea. We had an apartment with a king size bed in one room with a dressing table, TV bedside cabinets etc plus another coffee table and two soft chairs. In the other room were two single beds each against a wall with a row of fitted units/drawers on another wall and the balcony on the other. Then a bathroom with a shower room big enough for 2 adults and 2 small children (it even had a little bench in it) and a dressing area with plenty of hanging space and more cupboards and drawers. I think this was called the family room. It was ample for two adults and two small children i think. Once the children are older I'd probably go for the super family rooms.

I can't recommend the place enough though. For our requirements (good children's activities, gym and spa for us, lots of physical stuff to do, nice food, good staff) it was perfect.

Chipstick Sat 04-Aug-07 21:19:43

We stayed at Lykia World last yr in a village room and had an absolute ball.

Our only reason for not returning is the journey from the airport to the resort. It was absolute hellish travelling along mountain edges at speed in a coach, I was a nervous wreck by the time we got to the resort.

If we were ever to return we would get a private transfer.

motheroftwoboys Tue 07-Aug-07 20:26:33

Hi McKenzie - you must have been there when we were. We just got back on Monday 30 July after 2 weeks. We too had a wonderful time. Wasn't it hot! We have two teenage sons and we stayed in interconnecting village rooms (sea view, just next to the Oasis pool where we spent a LOT of time). I am sure it will be available - and warm in October. We just booked direct through the London office then booked our own flight. Note to Chipstick - we were forewarned about the coach trip and booked a private transfer through LW. Another time we would just book that direct through one of the operators in Olu Deniz - they were much cheaper. Would most certainly go back, it was a superb option. I gave them a good review on Trip Advisor. My only (small) complaints were the (dire) quality of the entertainment and I didn't like having to find a table at the buffet restaurants. However the "speciality" restaurants really were fantastic. Great holiday. Didn't want to come home!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now