Talk

Advanced search

Going to Spain in 3 weeks....

(6 Posts)
wibbles Sun 29-Jul-07 22:24:55

....with 1.4yr old.

What do you suggest by the way of armbands?

She can't swim and last time we went swimming she had baby armbands on but they didn't seem to help much. She has got one of those baby seat things which say suitable upto 1yr/11kgs - she is over 1 yr but isn't more than 11kgs.

Help! I know she will want to be in the pool with big sister but won't want to be held, can't go on her own and gets fed up quickly in the seat!!!

WendyWeber Sun 29-Jul-07 22:28:49

Would one of those swimsuits with floats in work, or do they have to be older? I saw a little boy in one at the swimming pool recently and he was having a fine time, doing bellyflops and splashing about everywhere by himself (but was a bit older I think)

WendyWeber Sun 29-Jul-07 22:30:14

Like this

wibbles Sun 29-Jul-07 22:30:46

Was considering one of those but a friend had a bad experience where she though DS was drowning. That's not to say that would happen to me.

Am going shopping on Tuesday will have a look.

Don't want her to miss out on hols!!!

WestCountryLass Sun 29-Jul-07 23:05:10

I would get arm bands and, if she is not staying upright, put a rubber ring round her or you can also get a woggle and tie it in a knot like a pretzel shape.

missyhols Sun 29-Jul-07 23:08:12

When dd was younger she had a inflatable seat from mothercare which was great. Still have it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now