Talk

Advanced search

Booking.com Complaints!

(10 Posts)
SJane48S Sun 14-Jul-19 07:32:36

We use them a couple of times a year - only had one problem but you’ve got to check listings & terms carefully. As above, this is the hotels fault. Call booking.com, don’t email again, explain the problem and ask what alternatives they can offer. They have a London based contact centre

SnowsInWater Sun 14-Jul-19 06:25:11

They are shit. We booked a two bed apartment in London last year coming from Aus. Arrived to find the property did not, and never have had, two bed apartments. Luckily it was only one night as sleeping arrangements were interesting - we ended up being charged quite a bit more than the booking price too. booking.com never replied to my complaint.

rookiemere Sat 13-Jul-19 08:05:48

Keep pursuing through booking.com - I had an issue last year where I'd booked something showing as refundable but then the property contacted me and claimed it was non refundable. As it said very clearly in the screen print that it was cancellable it ended up being changed to that.

Wantaholiday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:59:43

Thank you. I'll give it a couple of days and contact the hotel again if I don't hear back from them. The room we booked is still advertised on booking.com as sleeping five. I've sent the hotel a screenshot. Even if they do refund me in full I bet I'll have lost money because of currency exchange.

OP’s posts: |
willowandsage Fri 12-Jul-19 19:54:52

*in your case, sorry! Sleep deprived 😂

willowandsage Fri 12-Jul-19 19:54:13

I used to work for a hotel that used booking.com - but left 18 months ago so this was correct as of then (I doubt it's changed)

As a hotel, you create your listings on booking.com and advise of all possible room amendments, such as which rooms accommodate twin beds, sofa beds, travel cots etc. So, it would have been the hotel who have made the error when listing their property.

It your case, it would be down to the hotel to rectify this by offering an alternative or they could now decline your booking (this happened at our property once) - they would be required to refund you if they were unable to accommodate and would need to be actioned by the hotel itself. Booking.com would only act as a middle person between you and the hotel and request changes etc on your behalf.

Hope that helps

Wantaholiday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:52:27

I've email the hotel again, no reply as yet. In the first email they said they can't put an extra bed in because of fire regulation. I just want my money back.

PenguinsRabbits Fri 12-Jul-19 19:46:23

I think its up to hotel to resolve this - they are responsible for what things are advertised as if you look in Booking.com's T&Cs.

newmomof1 Fri 12-Jul-19 18:28:28

tel:+44-20-3564-6725
Call them

Wantaholiday Fri 12-Jul-19 18:04:26

I've booked five nights accommodation in America on Booking.com website, family of five, one room. Booking clearly says family of five with children's ages. None refundable room. Contacted the hotel about something, room only sleeps four, hotel say contact booking.com about it. Contacted booking.com by email, nonsense reply with a link to my booking (clearly saying five people) either this reply was sent by a robot or they haven't even read my complaint as they haven't addressed it at all, it's not even mentioned. Just thanks for contacting us, here's a link to your trip bollox. Any advice?
I've name changed for this.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in