Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 adults, 2 DDs, 2 prams & luggage in 1 car - IS IT POSSIBLE?!?

(5 Posts)
julesw Sat 28-Jul-07 13:50:04

Seeking help on the conundrum of car hire for holiday: travelling with 4 adults, 2 babies in car seats, plus Pliko Pramette and Quinny prams and our luggage.

Thought we could hire a Zafira but checked one out in a local garage and there's no way with 6 seats in that the 7th space would be adequate.

Anyone out there successfully found one car that'll fit all this in, or are we looking at 2 cars (we're driving from Nice airport into hills, about 1 hr, and prob only need car for a day trip then back to airport)?

Thanks - all advice/comments gratefully received

MoreSpamThanGlam Sat 28-Jul-07 16:02:07

No advice on other car, but would suggest 2 small cars as you wont be using it that often.

NannyL Sat 28-Jul-07 20:38:17

Crysler grand voyager would fit all that im sure

+ all the adults could have comfy grown up seats (like a front seat) and the children can go in the back row!

still has a roomy boot!

julesw Sat 28-Jul-07 23:05:06

Thanks MoreSpam and NannyL - one of the group doesn't want to do two cars, hence my search for the elusive, roomy 6 seater w bootspace.

The Chrysler sounds interesting, need to find a car hire co. who rents them... I did a Hertz search and it gave me the 807 @ £80 for a week, and a Renault Grande Espace @ £360 --- seems there's a premium for the bigger vehicles...

NannyL Sun 29-Jul-07 09:55:25

you MIGHT get it all in an 807...

we have done 5 children in car seats...
2 adults, 2 buggys, a jane 3 wheeler and a maclaren techno XT, + all of our stuff for a day out.... ie 5 sets iof water prrof clothes, picnic, change bags etc.

Not sure you would do it with RIGID suitcases, but if 1 person sat in the middle row with 2 children in car seats, and you only had 1 seat up in the back row then you might. if you choose squashy holdalls rather than rigid suitcases i guess you probably could!

Im sure you definitley would in a crysler GRAND voyager though (Not just the voyager cause that doesnt have the big boot)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now