Talk

Advanced search

Holiday to Cornwall tips

(13 Posts)
sittingonafishfinger Mon 24-Jun-19 18:43:44

Going in mid July to Cornwall for 4 nights , staying in Penzance with DH and 1+3 yo ds's.

Any tips or places we should visit? We have NT membership and a car.

OP’s posts: |
Eaudear Mon 24-Jun-19 18:49:32

Marazion and St Michael's Mount.

Minack Theatre is round there I think.

Lizard point (national trust).

Some people don't like Lands End but I thought it was good and a good novelty thing.

Sennen Cove.

St Ives.

Love it down there!

happysunr1se Mon 24-Jun-19 19:00:20

If you are going down to Lizard go east to Roskillys icecream farm and Coverack is good for rockpooling.
Or how about going to Helston where there's a big playground and boating lake and not far away there is also Porthleven and the Loe bar

I'm going to Falmouth in August, I can't wait, I love staying there, in one of the quay buildings overlooking the water. My favourite thing to do is go to trebah then lunch at the ferryboat inn and bum around on the beach at helford passage looking for shrimp and crabs.

whiteroseredrose Mon 24-Jun-19 20:19:33

If its raining on one coast, it might still be sunny on the other!

Fairy97 Wed 26-Jun-19 00:04:38

Open top bus to Lands End. Cheesy, but you might as well do it while you're there. Geevor Tin Mine. Porthcurno Telegraph Museum. One Day Bus Pass, the open-topper goes to them all

MegBusset Wed 26-Jun-19 00:19:45

Lands End is dire. Eden Project vastly overrated.

Llanhydrock and Trerice NT places are fab. Heartlands adventure playground is free and really good. Lots of amazing beaches: Poldhu Cove, Kynance Cove, Sennen Cove.

fuzzyduck1 Wed 26-Jun-19 03:36:26

St Michaels mount £2 each person each way on boat. Or walk over if tide is down. Very enjoyable and great views
Parking on mainland expensive everywhere in Cornwall !

sittingonafishfinger Wed 26-Jun-19 07:58:35

Thanks all!

sittingonafishfinger Wed 10-Jul-19 16:19:46

Was thinking of visiting a Rick Stein place whilst down there , either the one in Falmouth or Porthleven - any recommendations?

austenozzy Wed 17-Jul-19 23:08:09

@happysunr1se, might bump into you then, I live just along from trebah and we spend many summer evenings down at the fbi. Lovely spot to chill with friends, kids, a bbq and a couple of rattlers!

austenozzy Wed 17-Jul-19 23:10:49

Op, stein’s chippy in Falmouth is pretty good. It’s trendy to be a bit sniffy about it round these parts but it’s my favourite chippy in Falmouth. Harbour lights round the corner gets all the awards (top 10 in uk etc) but I’ve alwsys been underwhelmed. Mariners in Penryn is our go-to, but takeaway only.

Ihaventgottimeforthis Wed 17-Jul-19 23:17:52

Jubilee Pool in Penzance, open air pool in Hayle.
Tate St Ives.

lj10m75 Wed 02-Oct-19 03:08:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in