Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to hurghada with kids

(8 Posts)
LKTempleman Sat 22-Jun-19 20:54:38

My husband and I went to hurghada last year for our honeymoon, leaving our now 9 year old at home with my mum.

We loved the holiday so as a surprise I've booked it again this year but for with my daughter. Do you think I should take a child with everything that's going on close to Egypt?

OP’s posts: |
Satsuma1234 Sun 23-Jun-19 07:46:00

It is safe to travel there. I wouldn’t though.

babycakes1010 Sun 23-Jun-19 07:50:35

We took our 3 last year and had no issue at all and the kids loved it

Jenniferturkington Sun 23-Jun-19 07:52:33

We went a few weeks ago with three dc. We also spent a couple of days in Cairo. I weighed up the risks and decided to go for it. Hurghada is totally fine - I only really gave thought to Cairo tbh.

Hellywelly10 Sun 23-Jun-19 07:53:19

I went to sharm with my then 8 year old daughter. She got alot of sexualised attention from the local men.

exLtEveDallas Sun 23-Jun-19 07:57:38

We've gone to Hurghada (and Makadi Bay, and Marsa Alam) every year from when DD was 7. She's now 14 and we are currently choosing between 2 hotels in Marsa and one in Tunisia.

We go out a lot; shopping, down to the Marina, on boat trips and Luxor/VotK. Never felt unsafe or had any major hassles (yes the shopkeepers/trip organisers can be overzealous, but we've never been scared or in danger).

We've been to other places as well; Kos, Turkey, Majorca and Morocco in that time. But we keep returning to Egypt - we love the country and the people we have met and the quality of the hotels are far superior.

LKTempleman Sun 23-Jun-19 08:22:22

Ahh fantastic. This has really made me feel better. I'm pretty sure my little girl will love it, there's water parks galore on site and so if there's ever any issues or I'm in doubt we'll stay there.

I must say I felt super safe when there.

Thanks again all

OP’s posts: |
Smellslikebiscuits Mon 29-Jul-19 21:51:28

We regularly travel to Egypt with our child, and always find the Egyptians so incredibly welcoming.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in