Talk

Advanced search

Dubrovnik

(7 Posts)
fussychica Sun 23-Jun-19 10:13:00

Just back from Croatia, did a road trip from Zagreb to Cavtat. Stayed in some great places. I would highly recommend getting to a few islands. We did Solta and Brac from Split which were both fabulous.
Lots of opportunities to hire boats for private trips. Many of the harbours along the coast have kiosks where you can arrange these.

AlpenCrazy Fri 21-Jun-19 16:16:06

Jet skis I think are v damaging to sea fauna and flora

We are just back from Dubrovnik and remarked on how few people we saw hiring boats

We got a boat to Cavtat for the day which was wonderful

AntiHop Fri 21-Jun-19 10:33:43

Personally I think riding a jet ski is very risky.

blue25 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:32:00

We stayed on Kolocep, an island near Dubrovnik. We hired a jet ski for the day and it was a brilliant going round the other islands. We had complete independence to explore as we liked. Price was reasonable.

BabyG2004 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:28:55

Thanks Fifteen..... will do.

OP’s posts: |
Fifteenthnamechange Thu 20-Jun-19 17:33:05

Not Dubrovnik & not a jet ski (so perhaps not helpful!) but we hired a small boat in Hvar & went round some islands. It was absolutely amazing so I'd definitely recommend. I'd leave it til you get there, there's lots of people hiring boats out & no doubt the same with jet skis.
Enjoy!

BabyG2004 Thu 20-Jun-19 11:05:09

I am celebrating a big birthday in next month and my DH and I are off to Dubrovnik for a short break. We are thinking about hiring a jet ski for a day and going off exploring by ourselves. Has anyone hired one out there before or should we bite the bullet and pay for a private tour of the islands in a speedboat?. Thoughts anyone? Thanks xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in