Talk

Advanced search

Mini moon Advice [Edited by MNHQ at OP's request]

(10 Posts)
hotcrossbun4321 Wed 05-Jun-19 19:50:43

Can anyone recommend anywhere for a minimoon in mid-July? We are going away for a week after the wedding to chill out, then doing the full 2-week honeymoon at a later date. Requirements for the minimoon (can be up to 1 week, so that may rule out long haul?) are:

- Guaranteed sun! Very important
- Somewhere we can completely chill out - I'm happy for our days to consist of a nice hotel breakfast, lounging on the beach or by the pool, a siesta then getting dressed for a nice dinner in the evening. Maybe a nice walk but not much else
- White sand and beautiful clear sea water would be a bonus
- As would somewhere that feels nice and 'romantic'
- Not tooooo full of rowdy tourists! But also not up a mountain in the middle of nowhere - I like a few nice restaurants

So not asking too much then! Budget isn't too much of an issue as we have various vouchers etc saved up. Any suggestions welcomed

OP’s posts: |
hotcrossbun4321 Wed 05-Jun-19 20:42:08

Eek just realised that should be mini moon not minion in the title!

countdowntonap Wed 05-Jun-19 22:18:10

Formentera meets the requirement for Sun, chill, crystal clear sea, romance and very, very few Brits.

MinnieMountain Thu 06-Jun-19 10:39:11

Fiskardo in Kefalonia. DH and I went there for part 2 of our honeymoon.

xtrainer Fri 07-Jun-19 15:19:03

What about Oia on Santorini? You'd be looking about £350 a night for somewhere nice with a hot tub and sea view. Lots of great restaurants and v romantic. However, the sea is a schlep down lots and lots of steps, but is stunning. Not so much a beach holiday but more a chill in hot tub/go for a drink/go for dinner.

Atalune Fri 07-Jun-19 15:21:09

Soller or anywhere on the north west coast of Mallorca. Or parts of the Costa Brava- Tamariu, Callea, Begur.

Hollowvictory Fri 07-Jun-19 15:45:49

@MinnieMountain Fiskardo only has stone beaches. Not sand

MinnieMountain Fri 07-Jun-19 18:29:35

The OP says sandy beach a bonus not essential. We had a wonderful, relaxed holiday there.

Hollowvictory Fri 07-Jun-19 20:42:02

Yes it's pleasant

hotcrossbun4321 Fri 07-Jun-19 20:42:33

Thank you - some brill suggestions. I'd never heard of Formentera but it looks absolutely stunning.

Oia was on the list but I was worried about it being packed out in mid-July. I had a bad experience in a touristy bit of Italy last year with it just being too busy to get out, so that's made me wary.

Soller is stunning, but I've been there many times and would ideally like somewhere new.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in