Talk

Advanced search

Baby bottles

(10 Posts)
Namaste6 Tue 21-May-19 05:57:37

I'm with the other posters who have suggested that you try and get your DD onto room temp milk. My DS always liked room temp milk. Was a saviour when we travelled. We went from the uk to Australia when he was 4 months old. Was a doddle with milk cartons. Airline was only too happy to rinse and semi sanitise the bottles under their hot water tap whenever we needed them to. You can raise the temp of carton milk slightly by sticking filled bottle between your thighs for a while (yes really)smile

JoJoSM2 Sun 19-May-19 22:55:18

How awful! Is that information accurate? I've flown some low-cost airlines but no Easy Jet recently and they all helped with milk.

Alternatively, just take a thermos with you. Or hot water/milk in an insulated bottle bag.

Jordan259 Sun 19-May-19 22:55:12

Thanks for your advice everyone- we've got a few weeks yet, so time to introduce colder bottles I think!

OP’s posts: |
olderthanyouthink Sun 19-May-19 22:48:30

You can get on the go warmers, battery powered or like a thermos and have a cafe in the airport fill it.

Expressedways Sun 19-May-19 22:47:19

Oh and don’t do a cup of tea with a bag on the side in flight, this would get messy as you’d be trying to shove a bottle into a full paper cup and also you really shouldn’t use the hot water on the plane for bottles as it can contain bacteria that whilst it’s highly unlike to ever make an adult sick, it’s really not good for babies- this is probably why they’re saying they can’t provide it to you.

Expressedways Sun 19-May-19 22:42:15

If she really won’t take ready made at room temperature (this would be easiest and it’s worth trying before you go to see if you can make any headway) then get them made up with hot water from an airport coffee shop just before boarding and they should be a nice warm temperature for her during the flight. Take an insulated bag to keep bottles for later on in the journey as warm as possible.

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 19-May-19 22:41:45

Hot bottle in a thermal bag, by the time you need it should be cool enough to drink but still warm.:?

Rtmhwales Sun 19-May-19 22:37:52

Order a cup of tea, tea bag on the side..

RainbowMum11 Sun 19-May-19 22:37:00

Maybe start introducing cooler bottles to DC so they're used to it at room temp by the time you fly?
When DD was 6 months we flew on holiday and I bought some cartons of formula from Boots the other side of security at the airport, unfortunately though they weren't perforated them & the Air Stewards weren't able to help me open it with anything sharp. Very frustrating but understandable I suppose.

Jordan259 Sun 19-May-19 22:23:39

Does anyone have any experience of warming baby bottles on an EasyJet flight? I spoke to them on chat today and they said they can't provide hot water to top up bottles but that they can't heat the bottles either!? Our daughter won't take a cold bottle so we're trying to work out what to do! Thanks in advance. smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in