Talk

Advanced search

PASSPORT QUESTIONS / PLEASE IMPORTANT !!!!!!

(10 Posts)
quiveutmabonnebaguette Thu 19-Jul-07 19:02:45

We are going to France in 2 weeks but we have a problem with DD1 british passport. She was born before our marriage so she only has a french passport but we did aplly for her british passport in May in same time as DD2 who were born after marriage...they just got back to us saying that in DD1's case they need the translation of our wedding certificate...WE ARE GOING IN 2 WEEKS..it's no way we'll have her british passport on time. She has a french passport so my question is :

Do you think they are going to let us go at the border with Dh and his english passport, me with my french ID, DD1 with her french passport, DD2 with her british passport.

butterbeer Thu 19-Jul-07 19:05:57

Yes, I should think so. Do you have birth certificates for the DDs? If so I'd bring those just to be on the safe side, but I can't see any reason there should be a problem.

Carnoodleusfudge Thu 19-Jul-07 19:06:02

I would have thought so.

You just need official ID to get around in Europe but I don't think you all need the same type - just as long as they can work out who everyone is...

ib Thu 19-Jul-07 19:09:47

No reason they shouldn't. Why do you think this would be a problem?

quiveutmabonnebaguette Thu 19-Jul-07 19:10:57

Thank you for your answers !!! I was panicking a bit !

HenriettaHippo Thu 19-Jul-07 19:21:33

If you really want her British passport, then you can pay the post office to check your form and then you get it back much quicker - I got DS2's back in about 5 days. Maybe they could help you with this as well.

But like the others say, I would have thought it would be ok, as you're travelling from EU country to EU country. Also you're on French ID, so it isn't that strange that one of your children might have a French passport.

quiveutmabonnebaguette Thu 19-Jul-07 19:22:16

It doesnt look dodgy to you 2 kids with 2 different nationalities ?

quiveutmabonnebaguette Thu 19-Jul-07 19:24:43

we paid them to check...one of our child dd1 was born before our wedding so she could only befrench, now we are married, she can have the british nationality, but they didnt tell us they needed the english translation of our wedding certificate.

franke Thu 19-Jul-07 19:29:34

My two children are different nationalities, as are dh and I - has not been a problem for us so far.

amidaiwish Thu 19-Jul-07 20:15:50

you'll be fine
it is only france after all
they barely glance at the passports anyway if they all have a purple cover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now