Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for my 40th birthday holiday?

(16 Posts)
EL8888 Wed 08-May-19 00:51:25

I’m trying to get ideas for a holiday to celebrate my 40th birthday as lm lacking inspiration! It’s for 2 adults and we have a budget of around £1,200 each excluding spending money. Not tied to certain times of year, school holidays etc. Wouldn’t be up for purely a beach holiday, would like some culture and shopping

OP’s posts: |
Beebumble2 Wed 08-May-19 08:26:43

How about Las Vegas, Paris, Nice, Boston or San Francisco.
I have a birthday at a dreadful time of year and make sure I go somewhere nice for the special ones.

checkoutno3please Wed 08-May-19 08:27:53

New York ? Some excellent museums

EL8888 Wed 08-May-19 11:09:12

Loving the suggestions!

@Beebumble2 unfortunately l got married in Vegas and now divorced. I went to Paris with 3 different ex’s 😊. San Francisco has gone through my head, l haven’t been since l was a child and there is lots to do around it...

@checkoutno3please l was thinking of New York. I have been twice before but there is lots to see. Plus l know my partner would love it...

OP’s posts: |
wobytide Wed 08-May-19 12:37:39

Multi City break somewhere round Europe with some travel in between Budapest, Prague, Croatia, Slovenia or thereabouts

FanSpamTastic Wed 08-May-19 12:48:01

How about Venice for a few days?

Get a water taxi from the airport to a canal side hotel like this, lots to see, great food and drink!

DeftandGlory Wed 08-May-19 20:19:35

I would say New York or Charleston South Carolina in the States. In Europe I would fly to Nice and do one of the smaller towns. Antibes, Eze, Monaco etc. They are perfect for autumn when the weathers on the turn here but it’s still proper summer. Amazing food and a lovely expensive vibe but relaxed because of the sea.

Ginger1982 Wed 08-May-19 20:20:47

What about San Francisco and then Hawaii? Best of both worlds?

CottonSock Wed 08-May-19 20:22:17

I went to Bilbao and San Sebastian for my 40th hols.

ilovegardensodoesthedh Wed 08-May-19 20:23:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FraggleRocking Wed 08-May-19 20:26:23

Luxury trip to see the Northern Lights could be memorable for a celebration.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Wed 08-May-19 20:28:48

Santa Barbara - it's really lovely there. Fab restaurants, oodles of wine and awesome shopping.

Frenchfancy Wed 08-May-19 20:31:33

What about Naples. Vibrant, historic, beautiful and fantastic food.

MinnieMountain Thu 09-May-19 06:35:33

DH and I went to Rome for mine. It was amazing.

SJane48S Thu 09-May-19 10:31:10

With your budget, some of these suggestions will be out - San Francisco & then Hawaii would be fantastic but if you can do that on £1200 each I 'd be surprised! Norwegian are doing cheap flights to New York, San Francisco & Boston - accommodation costs in those cities though are horrific but if you stay somewhere close (e.g Brooklyn for NY) it's do-able! I really fancy Buenos Aires at the moment as I've wanted to go for forever - Norwegian are now flying there so for the first time ever it's affordable.Hotels look really reasonable too!

Pinkprincess1978 Thu 09-May-19 22:15:43

Our friends did a tour of Italy. I think they visited about 5 places and it sounded amazing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in