Talk

Advanced search

Help with car seat for baby abroad please! I'm stuck!

(8 Posts)
Canyoutellwhoiamyet Tue 07-May-19 21:24:34

Going away in 4 weeks to Majorca with Tui but booked through a 3rd party.
We had asked them to book us private taxi transfers and request carseats which did show up on our invoice as requested
However now I've just chased it up I've been sent a link saying as it's a Tui transfer they don't have carseats but we can take our own!
We have 2 decent carseats at home that I'm not prepared to have smashed up, then even if we bought cheap ones I don't know how we would get them through the airport with us (3 suitcases, 2 pushchairs, an almost 3yo and a 1.5yo!)
The girl who's booked the holiday for us assures me that nobody takes carseats and that we will be fine. Butits 1 hour transfer in Majorca and now in stressing!
What do you all do abroad? Take them or leave them?

OP’s posts: |
Fiontar649 Tue 07-May-19 21:28:46

Can you cancel that transfer and book your own? We go to Majorca a lot and always book a taxi ourselves - the company we use have a desk in arrivals. I think they have options for car seats (we don't have kids) - I can send you the link if you like.

RippleEffects Tue 07-May-19 21:31:29

We first travelled abroad with DD at 3 and purchased a booster seat backpack with shoulder strap attachment. It's been fantastic and worth every penny. She's 8 now and it's been abroad a lot of times. I like to know we have a car seat for her for taxis or car hire.

Something similar coukd help with your three year old and be useful for years to come. Not sure about the younger one though.

GinMama1 Thu 09-May-19 11:11:46

We always check our car seat in, in a bag, and pick it up at the other end. I wouldn't want to do that journey without car seats.

MaggieFS Thu 09-May-19 13:01:11

I'd be asking them to have the third party confirm they have car seats or ask them to refund the transfer and book your own, as they haven't booked what you asked. However, Tui must send thousands of families with kids to Mallorca so I think you just need to find a better person to talk to for a satisfactory answer,

LIZS Thu 09-May-19 13:11:09

You could book your own airport taxi transfer , with car seats, but ime they tend to be a bit slapdash on condition of seat and appropriateness.

3in4years Thu 09-May-19 22:44:20

Take them. Easiest all round.

MangosteenSoda Thu 09-May-19 22:53:07

I used a Ride Safer Vest when I needed to take my then 3 year old in a lot of taxis. You might also be able to use a Mifold or similar depending on the weight or height of the child.

There are also some brands of fold up seat like the Urban Kanga which might work for this trip.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in