Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a car park at Manchester Airport?

(10 Posts)
pollyanna78 Sun 15-Jul-07 13:39:58

We're flying from Manchester next Sunday for a week's holiday and it looks like driving to the airport is going to be the easiest option.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to park, which is not too expensive but also not a million miles away as we'll be arriving back late at night on our return... I assume the official car parks which are actually in the airport are going to be horribly expensive.

Thanks!

cornsilk Sun 15-Jul-07 13:53:55

Don't know 'cos we always get a taxi, not too far. Maybe you can find a discount code if you search on google.

peanutbear Sun 15-Jul-07 13:58:13

Ill ask Dh and report back!!! most people park on my drive lol and I have to take them but I dont think the ar parks are that expensive and he might well have vouchers

smurfgirl Sun 15-Jul-07 14:01:01

We used q-park flyway in May which were not the cheapest (£37.50 IIRC) but it was a fantastic service.

They have their own 'proper' buses which pick up from bus stops in the car park and then on the way back you just ring from a phone in the terminal and then they pick you up. Buses run 24/7. Car park felt very safe and organised. Its also very near the airport so was dead easy to find.

There is another car park called q-park ringway which I think is a bit cheaper so maybe try that.

smurfgirl Sun 15-Jul-07 14:03:26

Sorry q-park flyaway - its the first link that comes up when you google them

smurfgirl Sun 15-Jul-07 14:07:03

I will stop adding after this - it actually cost us £32.

WendyWeber Sun 15-Jul-07 16:10:38

We did meet and greet last time, it cost about #5 more than park and ride and soo convenient, it was brilliant.

WendyWeber Sun 15-Jul-07 17:26:51

Cheapest meet & greet for your week is #45.

jellybeans Sun 15-Jul-07 21:27:54

we used Airparks (handforth near Tesco) and they were great. It was £29 for a week and bus was inc. We didn't have to wait long and booked online. Was not that far from airport, about 15 mins.

tm2007 Sat 21-Jul-07 13:26:41

Hope I'm not too late posting here if you're flying on Sunday, but if you try http://www.airport-parking-search.co.uk you can search all the car parks near the airport and book on line there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now