Talk

Advanced search

Flying at 31weeks pregnant

(3 Posts)
sparkle121KJ Tue 16-Apr-19 09:44:47

So, we booked a holiday to Greece for a friends wedding before I found out I was pregnant - flights, hotel and hire car, the whole lot! I will be 31 weeks pregnant flying out and 32 weeks flying back. Are we mad to be attempting this? Or should we just cancel now? I was/am so looking forward to it but as this is my first pregnancy I’ve just got no idea what to expect...

Also, any tips on the best travel insurance providers for pregnancy? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
KatharinaRosalie Tue 16-Apr-19 10:23:11

If there are no special health issues, it's totally fine to fly at 31-32 weeks. Check the airline policy if they require a note - many airlines want one after 28 weeks.

mummymeister Tue 16-Apr-19 18:35:14

I would keep the booking and assume that you are going unless circumstances say otherwise. make sure you take good copies of your notes with you and that you know where the nearest decent maternity unit is and also write down some key phrases that you might need. Most insurances will cover you and the baby if specifically requested so make sure you get both of you covered for any medical treatment. plan a loose fitting outfit as by then you will get pretty overheated.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in