Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advise me where to go on Honeymoon? Help!

(13 Posts)
mummyplonk Fri 13-Jul-07 19:52:55

Am trying to find somewhere for June next year, my lovely parents are having both of the babies for 7 days. We want somewhere that has a lovely beach, that is not a really long flight and has lots of places to see in the day time/ restaurants to eat in the evening (Dubai not an option as been there previously)have been wracking our brains for somewhere exciting with only about a 4/5 hour flight, can anyone help?

burek Fri 13-Jul-07 19:55:17

Dubrovnik or Makarska

nellie75 Fri 13-Jul-07 19:55:22

Personally if you will be child free i think that alot of the cities in Italy are very romantic, you could see more than one and being in the most romantic country in the world. I have been a few times, Rome, Milan etc and loved it.

puffling Fri 13-Jul-07 19:56:16

Sardinia
Sicily

octo Fri 13-Jul-07 19:56:24

Italy is lovely - we went to Sorrento for our honeymoon - Capri was fab. Lots to do, great food and wine - really romanitc

octo Fri 13-Jul-07 19:56:47

Ohh lots for Italy

funnypeevesculiar Fri 13-Jul-07 19:58:41

oh, yes, Italy would be lovely. If you want coast would have to be Sorrento...

Although we drove through France in an E-type Jag staying at chateaux & that was nice too

mummyplonk Fri 13-Jul-07 19:59:55

I love Italian food so that is sounding good, I guess in June it would be good weather too. What about the beaches? are they ok?

mummyplonk Fri 13-Jul-07 20:01:20

Great thanks everyone, so Sorrento sounding good, any feedback from anyone who has been to a lovely hotel there?

octo Fri 13-Jul-07 20:04:45

The beaches aren't great in Sorrento - you need to go further down the amalfi coast for that. We stayed in a Thomson Platinum hotel on the cliff top - it was beautiful - there are loads to choose from though. Maybe even go to Capri for really lush hotels.

pammo Mon 16-Jul-07 18:39:00

This is the place to stay - the Excelsior Vittoria in Sorrento. We treated ourselves to dinner there one evening and even managed to take a peek into one of their fab period rooms, having made friends with a couple staying there at the bar! We had a great week based in Sorrento - ferry to Capri for the day (hotel has its own private lift directly down to the harbour, everyone else have to walked down tons of steps). You can take the train to Pompeii 1/2hr away and also Naples for the museum. Mount Versuvius and Herculaneum is nearby. Hire a car for a few days and drive to Positano, Amalfi & Ravello (all very close to each other). Sorrento only has bathing platforms - no beaches there but there's loads to do for a week.

lilolilmanchester Mon 16-Jul-07 19:12:37

Corsica also worth considering.

yogimum Mon 16-Jul-07 19:32:16

http://www.chevredor.com went to the restaurant for my 40th. Would love to go with DH. Would also love to go to Capri.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now