Talk

Advanced search

Cruise or package holiday?

(5 Posts)
Live4Winnie Fri 29-Mar-19 09:06:55

Hi,

I'm going away with the family and I'm trying to decide whether a cruise or package holiday would be best?

We've always been on package holidays, but our friends have just been on a cruise with their kids and said they had a great time.

I want to make sure everyone has something to do, and maybe even get some R&R in for myself and DH.

Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
Tattybear16 Fri 29-Mar-19 09:15:21

Cruise, look at royal Caribbean. Loads for them to do, kids clubs, water park, treasure hunts, dancing and theatre lessons. Kids are really well looked after, meal times are easy, they can pick and choose what they want. Push chair friendly. You don’t have to get off the ship if you don’t want to. They also offer a baby sitting service if you want a night out. Take a look at their website.

Live4Winnie Fri 29-Mar-19 09:35:57

Thanks a lot! I'll have a look.

How do they compare in terms of price to a package holiday?

OP’s posts: |
Tattybear16 Fri 29-Mar-19 11:08:05

Sorry no idea as it depends on where in the world you take the package holiday. It’s fairly easy to run a quote for both though. If you’re in the Uk you can sail from Southampton to the Med, and there are always deals on.

budgiegirl Mon 01-Apr-19 15:48:36

Choose a big ship over a smaller one if you want lots for the kids to do. Some of the bigger ships have so much to do - climbing, ice rinks, rope courses, bowling, mini golf etc Check the facilities for each ship carefully to see what you think your DC will want to do.

Norwegian and Royal Caribbean tend to have lots to do on their bigger ships. And also I think MSC have upped their game in this regard as well.

Costwise, it’s hard to say. Cruises aren’t cheap, although you tend to get quite a lot for your money. Probably about the same cost as a higher end (but not luxury) package.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in