Talk

Advanced search

BA Business Class question

(14 Posts)
macarmahouse Thu 28-Mar-19 22:36:41

Hello Ladies. Apologies for this boring post, but I’ve only ever flown Business with BA long haul.

Currently booking a flight with BA and need to get some points pdq to reach the next level, so thinking of paying a little bit more for Club Europe.

I’ll be flying from Rome to London, they have a very reasonable cost between euro traveller and club europe (c£55). This would be into London City. I know that this is a crap flight for Business Class as you don’t get anymore room.

Excuse my ignorance.. but will I get served nice food and wine?

The big question I had... On the information for flights into Heathrow, Business Class says “access to BA lounges where available”. Now I know that LCY does not have a proper lounge, but a google search told me that Rome does.

If I booked the flight, would I have access to the one in Rome, or is the fare a sort of Business Lite and so no access?

OP’s posts: |
Etino Thu 28-Mar-19 22:43:38

You’ll get served very nice food and wine! I usually fly on points and often the only available ones are business- shame 😂
You’ll get access to the lounge in Rome and lots of attention on the flight. I guess looking after half a dozen customers short haul is the pick of the jobs. Last time they were literally topping my daughter up with champagne, transferring it to a plastic glass, as we left the aeroplane!

CMOTDibbler Thu 28-Mar-19 22:44:20

You do get a meal and wine in BC even in europe. And yes, you get to use the lounge in Rome. Which might not be great - its a long time since I've been to Rome though I'll be there in a month in the lounge smile . But its somewhere to sit with free drinks

TimeforDuggee Thu 28-Mar-19 22:47:08

Yes you should get a fairly decent meal and plenty wine even on that route.

I think from memory (this is going back a while) when we flew First through Rome the lounge wasn't all that exciting and was hot and busy, but it was a lounge at least. We've done the Concorde Room a few times so have quite high standards grin

Expressedways Thu 28-Mar-19 22:50:08

You will get a lounge in Rome but it won’t be BA specific one and may be crowded depending on the time of day. I’ve flown from LCY and had lounge access at the other end. There will be booze and snacks in said lounge. You may get fast track security at Rome, can’t really member. You also get booze, including naff champers and meal inflight. If it’s not a specific meal time then expect it to be small and disappointing but there’s usually a bread basket. And don’t forget the hot towel.

SpoonBlender Thu 28-Mar-19 23:00:28

I'm reasonably sure that even at a reasonable eu55 for the upgrade, it'd still be cheaper to buy entry to the lounge at Rome and depending on timing the trip may not have a meal - it's a short flight! Doesn't seem worthwhile to me.

Etino Fri 29-Mar-19 02:25:22

@SpoonBlender the OP is striving to be eligible for the next tier of BA membership, so that’s the main motivator.

chatwoo Fri 29-Mar-19 07:51:23

BA/oneworld lounge finder , says......... drum roll

www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=FCO

cantonwanton Fri 29-Mar-19 10:01:31

I think it depends what level of BA exec club you would get. Gold or Silver sure do it, that'd be good value for a year's worth of lounge access. If it is for bronze, I mightn't bother, Bronze is worth sweet fa

FinallyFluid Fri 29-Mar-19 10:04:18

I can call to mind, lounges everywhere, but Rome is just a blank.

So don't hold out too much hope and it will be a pleasant surprise. grin

FinallyFluid Fri 29-Mar-19 10:06:26

Oh God it is all coming back to me now, I was on a Priority pass, not great, but not too bad. They may be different, they are't always.

Stansted and Priority are the same.

butteryellow Fri 29-Mar-19 10:35:03

The BA lounge at Rome has been re-done recently I think - it was alright when I was there last (very cafe style)

And yes, there will be wine/food on the flight - although no drinks before takeoff as everyone has to filter by you to get to their seats..

butteryellow Fri 29-Mar-19 10:35:51

They definitely have food - I fly BA between London and Dublin, less than an hour, and they still squeeze in a light lunch!

Seahawk80 Fri 29-Mar-19 13:02:01

I did Berlin from LCY and we got all the nice food / drinks etc and although no lounge at city we did get one in Berlin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in