Talk

Advanced search

Not travelling/flying with full party

(5 Posts)
saskia76 Wed 13-Mar-19 20:31:17

What happens if you dont turn up to the airport with your full party? My partners daughter was coming on holiday with us but she's fell out with dad. Dsd mum is saying she's doesn't want to come anymore but dsd says she does. We fly in 4 weeks so need to start checking in soon. I dont want to cancel her place then she wants to come but then im worried if i check her in then we get to the airport and she's not there can we still fly?

OP’s posts: |
itbemay1 Wed 13-Mar-19 20:47:04

Check her in, a lot can happen in 4 weeks but you'll not be able to cancel and get money back so either way i don't think it will make any difference

RockingMyFiftiesNot Wed 13-Mar-19 20:53:53

The only experience I had of this was when I was going away with friends when my MIL was very ill, and I might have had to drop out. I phoned the airline and they said it was ok as long as it wasn't the lead passenger who dropped out, in which case we'd have to pay a fee to transfer the lead. I doubt it will be a problem but I would honestly check directly with the airline you're flying with, knowing exactly what their rules are will take a lot of stress out of the situation.

saskia76 Wed 13-Mar-19 21:27:32

Thank you both for responses smile

OP’s posts: |
theothermum Thu 14-Mar-19 08:40:12

You have four weeks to go, can you not check in a week before you're due to fly?

I don't think it will he a problem, people miss flights all the time. Unless it is Lufthansa but it doesn't seem like it is.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in