Talk

Advanced search

Butlins - how good/bad is it?

(7 Posts)
Sheila Sat 07-Jul-07 23:53:56

Really skint single parent but want to take DS (7yo) away somewhere. Butlins looks cheap but not necessarily my idea of an ideal holiday. What's it really like? Grateful for any views and/or alternative suggestions.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Sat 07-Jul-07 23:56:19

Tell me what is your ideal holiday and I can tell you whether Buttlins is good or bad

j20baby Sat 07-Jul-07 23:56:56

its good for dc's imo, usually have loads to do there, clubs, amusements, swimmimg pools, my dd loves going, the night entertainment is aimed at dc's usually

why don't you try the £7.50 Sun newspaper holiday next time it is on, works out quite cheap, especially if your able to share a caravan with a freind and her dc's

hth

Misdee Sat 07-Jul-07 23:57:11

might not be your idea of a good holiday, buty i think your ds may like it.

TippiHedren Sun 08-Jul-07 00:00:46

My DC's love it there, deffo the best out of those sorts of holidays,so much to do. Minehead is the better one i believe.

TippiHedren Sun 08-Jul-07 00:02:39

Also i should add its not cheap. We paid over £500 last year but only £40 with the sun the year before. Go self catering as the accomm is far far better than half board.

j20baby Sun 08-Jul-07 00:04:46

i second the go self catering.

Haven and Butlins are pretty much the same, so go with whichever you get the better deal with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now