Talk

Advanced search

Kos, crete, Rhodes, Corfu October 2019

(6 Posts)
Cocopops81 Fri 01-Mar-19 10:25:59

Hi,
I am looking to book a holiday in October half term with my husband, 2 children aged 5 and nearly 4 and my friends with their 2 children aged 7 and 3. We have been to-ing and fro-ing between Kos and Crete and more recently Rhodes and Corfu.

We want it quite warm, all inc hotel but some day trips and of course family friendly.

Can anyone recommend or offer advice to the above areas for temperature and family friendly areas/resorts.

I've procrastinated too long with this and want to book ASAP. 😫

Thanks in advance!! 😊

OP’s posts: |
Rade Fri 01-Mar-19 10:33:14

October is very late for warm weather, particularly for the Ionian Islands which can be rainy after September. It might be warm and sunny but people are often disappointed with the weather when travelling in late October to what is really a summer destination.
If you want a summer type beach holiday then you need to go further south.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 01-Mar-19 12:59:56

I would say Crete would the best choice as it is a bit warmer that the other islands.

imnottoofussed Fri 01-Mar-19 13:11:42

We went to Kos in the October half term in 2017. The weather was ok, sunbathed every day. Was pretty cold though when we went into Kos town with the wind blowing off the sea. No rain thankfully. Only problem we had was that one of our trips got cancelled because not enough people booked with it being end of season.

Noisygirls Sat 02-Mar-19 06:48:36

We went to corfu late sept and the e didn’t manage to sunbath every day as several overcast and cool. I wouldn’t choose Corfu for Oct half term if you want sun. Have you thought of Cyprus? Have heard they have nice October’s

reluctantbrit Sun 03-Mar-19 10:15:32

We decided against Greece last year for October and friends who went to Kos late October confirmed that it can be a cold-ish and rainy time.

We went to the Canaries, more weather stability and apart from one day with lots of rain we could sunbath each day.

This year we are off to Cyprus.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in