Talk

Advanced search

Holiday at 5 or 7 months

(5 Posts)
drspouse Wed 27-Feb-19 12:23:31

I'm in the pre-solids school too. After that they will need milk plus annoying solids.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 27-Feb-19 12:22:43

I would say 5 months so you don't have to worry about the food.

welshweasel Wed 27-Feb-19 11:19:13

Definitely pre weaning!

GravityFalls Wed 27-Feb-19 11:19:09

For me, I’d say 7 months is better. In my experience they start to sleep a bit better when they start eating solids and feeding them is no stress at that age if you do BLW because they just have odds and ends off your plates. Or you just bring a load of pouches/jars in your case. It’s no big deal. And it’s nice to be able to give the baby a breadstick or chunk of banana instead of having to worry about bottles when you’re out sometimes.

Lat321 Wed 27-Feb-19 11:16:45

Hi, stupid question so pls bear with me.

We r looking to go on a beach holiday with our 5 year old and a baby. Our choices are to go when little one is either 5 month old or when he will be almost 7 month old.

We haven't been to a holiday for three years so want to make the best of it. At 5 month old he won't be able to sit but won't be weaning. So no need to worry about food. At 7 month old he will be able to sit a little so can enjoy in pool and we won't have to carry him a lot but will need some food (we r vegetarians). He is exclusively nursed.

Any thoughts on what which option might be better? Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in