Talk

Advanced search

WHY OH WHY- Cant DP inherit his fathers ability to be possibly the most romantic man on earth....LOOK at this...

(24 Posts)
tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 09:26:49

DPs dad and stepmum have been married 12 yrs this month. As a surprise he has booked the hotel linked to below.... its a surprise, she has to be at Heathrow Airport on a particular date with three days worth of clothes including 'going out' wear, and will find out where she is travelling to just as they check in. ( he works overseas a lot and will meet her at heathrow after being away for a month)

Dp has brought me flowers ONCE, ('they die, whats the point?') and idea of romantic whispering is asking me if I want to play 'hide the sausage'

just look at this most beautiful place, Gosh its so lovely- Look at the rooms! he has booked a suite!

I want to go

themildmanneredjanitor Fri 06-Jul-07 09:27:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarsLady Fri 06-Jul-07 09:28:13

If it wasn't such a dreadful suggestion I'd suggest you trade up to the father! lol

What a lucky stepMIL!

littlelapin Fri 06-Jul-07 09:28:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missgriss Fri 06-Jul-07 09:30:54

Double

DH's idea of romantic talk is 'bend over'

filthymindedFlanders Fri 06-Jul-07 09:31:19

no, I am sobbing

(Dh bought me a paperback novel for our 12th wedding anniversary t'other week)

expatinscotland Fri 06-Jul-07 09:31:58

I'd rather have my DH tahn the most romantic man in the world.

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 09:33:06

I keep looking at it and catching my breath.

what more could a woman ask for? a beautiful hotel, with Michelin star restaurant in a quaint medieval village with panoramic sea views?

I would compare that to heaven.......

(Marslady !!!!!)

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 09:33:32

expat- I dont want the dad!!!

Just a trip to the hotel!

saralou Fri 06-Jul-07 09:34:14

i can sympathise, my dp in his own words is 'as romantic as a wet haddock'- great!

i'm always dropping hints, but nothing... although i do live in hope that one day..... <sigh>

DoubleBluff Fri 06-Jul-07 09:35:54

Am so
Dh has no romance in him at all, the only gifts I have ver had from him are things that I have asked for or bought myself.

onechild Fri 06-Jul-07 09:39:30

wow thats amazing!
dp doesnt buy me flowers either got some once when i told him to get his mom some then i got which ones do you want? his mom had £10 worth mine cost £2.50
hes so not romantic he was when we met 5yrs ago!
we have recently put dd back into her cot after her being in our bed due to work on house meaning had no access to the cot!
That has deffinatly improved things romance wise

WideWebWitch Fri 06-Jul-07 09:45:35

Oh it looks lovely, how wonderful and romantic.
lol at Marslady trade up, ha ha ha

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Fri 06-Jul-07 10:14:56

am at your dps step mum, maybe he will 'mature' with age???

GameGirly Fri 06-Jul-07 10:18:24

Been there! Been there! And it was fabbola. Only one night, but without kiddos. Wanna go again. Now. But with DH, not your FIL, if you don't mind

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 10:19:10

doubt it. Romance is just not his thing.

Hope they dont take too many holiday pics- I wont be able to hide my envy!

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 10:19:55

really??????? whats it like??? is it really as lovely as it looks?? they are there for 3 nts.

Is it really a lovely village???

GameGirly Fri 06-Jul-07 10:29:56

Absolutely beautiful! And delicious food in the restaurant. Have to say that one night isn't enough because obviously you spend some of the day travelling (albeit not far, in our case) and then you have to check out at 10 or 11 the next day. Must admit that we had a massive barney whilst we were there and "lost" each other for a couple of hours! Twas very hot and DH is a bit of a one for wandering around for hours, trying to decide on the best restaurant in which to have lunch, by which time I'm absolutely starving and in a foul temper. Unfortunately, this happens a lot to us! Oh, and Eze, like so many other villages in the South of France, in the heat of summer, stinks a bit of dog poo!!!

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 11:00:19

Oh- Stepmum will LOVE it.

They visited Eze on a day trip a few years ago and she told me that it was the one place that she longed to return to ( but only if they could stay in that hotel)

One day...........

GameGirly Fri 06-Jul-07 11:21:29

Any chance you could organise a romantic weekend away, Tiredemma?! Why wait for your DP to do it!! Trouble with romantic weekends is the cost, I find! We were lucky with the Eze trip - we were staying with in-laws who live about an hour away so they had the DDs overnight.

tiredemma Fri 06-Jul-07 12:53:34

I suppose I could- but now that I have seen that place- I want to go there but would have to sell a kidney or something to afford it.

we do go away together, but never anywhere as nice as that!

WotzaGirl2do Fri 06-Jul-07 12:57:53

I have been there, stayed in village, but not in the hotel mentioned. Went into hotel to have a peak at reception area and get room rates.

It HAS to be one of the most lovely spots on the Cote d‘Azur.

Lucky lucky lady.....ahhhhh

WotzaGirl2do Fri 06-Jul-07 13:01:41

We stayed with dcs here in a self catering apartment, its just in the village

Eza Vista
244 Avenue de Verdun
Eze 06360
France

"Eza Vista Residence Eze is located near Monaco and the sea set in one of the most beautiful sites in the Riviera. The residence boasts 48 apartments with Mediterranean style decor and terraces. Guests can make use of the fax service and the safe deposit box, available at the residence. For your relaxation, a swimming pool and a large terrace with a bar are provided at the Eza Vista."

WotzaGirl2do Fri 06-Jul-07 13:14:44

GameGirly - lol about generalisation summer smell of dog poo comment !

I have never found that TBH! maybe because I have only travel to Euprope in Spring or Autumn.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: