Talk

Advanced search

Where can we stay in Yorkshire? Need ideas...

(4 Posts)
averystrangeweek Fri 22-Feb-19 09:39:45

Please does anyone have ideas of somewhere nice we can stay for a week when we go on holiday to Yorkshire this summer?

We'd like to be fairly near the Whitby area, and are looking for a holiday park with either lodges or static caravans. Not too fussed whether it has swimming pool and all-singing-all-dancing entertainment, but would be handy if there was a shop on-site and maybe a bar.

Me and DH plus two young adult dc. Somewhere picturesque, not necessarily on the coast, but within a reasonable driving distance of nice beaches and walks. Also like scenery, visiting museums, castles, gardens & interesting historic towns and villages etc. Also would like to go on a trip on a steam railway.

I've found a few options but would love some recommendations please!

Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
Dowser Fri 22-Feb-19 11:22:55

There’s lots of haven caravan parks just outside Scarborough
Cayton bay
Blue dolphin
Reignton sands
All on that coast

Dowser Fri 22-Feb-19 11:26:05

We visited Whitby on Saturday...was lovely
It can get really crowded in peak times but at the weekend , as the weather was lovely...there was just the right amount people.

averystrangeweek Fri 22-Feb-19 17:53:16

Thanks, we're not really after a Haven-style family holiday park with all the trimmings but rather a quieter one in a picturesque rural setting. We'll be going in July termtime.

I went to Whitby once decades ago and really liked it, hence the idea of going back to Yorkshire this year.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in